Jing Yi Teahouse

Contact 0755-25586555

7F, Jin Tang Building, 3038 Baoanan Lu, Luo Hu District, Shenzhen, China,

靜頤茶館, at 羅湖地王寶安南路3038號金塘大廈7樓, translates to The Summer Tea House. Frequented by Buddhist monks from China and Tibet as well as locals, it offers an extensive menu, mainly Guangdong style vegetarian cuisine. Large selection of faux meat dishes, also sweetcorn, peas, pinenut dish, mock chicken drumsticks, tofu, and more. Spacious interior with plenty of seating. Confirmed open Jan 2016. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese

First Review by jesse

Very nice indeed - Edit

One of my regular places when I am working in Shen Zhen.

Freshly prepared Dim-Sum & very good teas.

Comfortable, bright, airy.

Clean & tidy enough for me.

Wander up another floor for even better views!

I bring friends & clients here most weeks.

Everyone has loved it so far.

Highly recommended.

I always order a selection of "Dim-Sum" snacks or simple rice & vegetable dishes.

Some of the mock-meat may not be vegan as milk powder (whey powder) is often used in mock-meats. You will need a good Cantonese speaker to work out which ones are which.

Jingyi Chaguang "Summer Tea House" - Edit

A great place to entertain friends / have meetings when I am in Luohu.

Gorgeous teas & an excellent selection of dim-sum.

I usually visit mid-morning - they open around 10.30 am & stay open until late evening.

I have never had a full meal here - the meal menu looks very fine.

Located in the building directly opposite a KFC - look out for "number 3038".

Good Place, Could Be Cleaner - Edit

This was the first veg restaurant I went to in Shenzhen having found the listing on happycow. I was very impressed with it at first because of its rather stark contrast with the Shenzhen one sees from the streets. It is calm and Buddhist.
The food is good - they know how to cook. I always judge by how many tofu dishes are available, and although The Summer Tea House has an extensive menu, only two or three actual tofu dishes are on offer. The rest is basically fake meat of unending varieties.
While this restaurant is certainly cleaner than your standard restaurant in China, there are piles of dirty dishes in the hallway entrance to the bathrooms, and I actually had a smallish cockroach walk accross my table the other day! But don't let that put you off this place, because it is certainly worth a visit.
You'll find the usual assortment of aspiring middle-class Chinese and Buddhist monks with their family and friends.
Very little or no English. So tofu is "do fu" accent on the "do," rice is "mi - fan" and ice water is "bing shu-ay"

Pros: good place, good food

Cons: could be cleaner, little / no english, difficult for taxi driver to find

Return to Shenzhen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jing Yi Teahouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2928 times since Aug 2007.