First Review by jlbco

Mediterranean Marvel - Edit

On a recent trip, my wife & I noticed a "Mediterranean" restaurant located on one of the two major roadways in Myrtle Beach and decided to give it a try, as ethnic places of this nature always have at least several things that are vegan. It turned out to be a great decision— and the food was so good that we came back again the next day! (1/26/15 and 1/27/15)

The restaurant is large and airy, beautifully decorated and well laid out. The seating is comfortable. (Your choice of either a traditional table or a low cushioned "booth".) The menu features quite a good number of vegan offerings (as I recall, there's a separate vegetarian section), and everything (yes, everything— including the breads) are MADE TO ORDER. The service is prompt and friendly, but since the food is all made to order, certain things (like the freshly baked pita breads) take a little time— but it's DEFINITELY worth the wait!

The food was FANTASTIC. I can say that the falafel was the best I've ever had— and I've eaten these things many, many times, in dozens of places. The hummus was excellent and very fresh, and "Max's Israeli Salad" was outstanding on the falafel, as was the tahini dressing and the superb hot sauce. (Yes, even the hot sauce was terrific!) We also had crispy potato wontons that were out of this world, and date wontons that were unusual and excellent. (We drank only sparkling water, but there is a full bar available.) On both occasions, we had a wonderful feast— for less than $30, including tax!

If you stop in, ask for Sean, and tell him that Joe & Kathy say "Hey!"

Pros: Wonderful food, made fresh., Friendly, attentive service, Great atmosphere

Return to Myrtle Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jerusalem Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1127 times since Feb 2015.