Jerusalem Garden

• Veg-friendly
Contact 734-995-5060

314 E Liberty St, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, 48104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Middle Eastern food restaurant. Has several veggie dishes: stuffed grape leaves, falafels, hummus, lentil soup, sandwiches. Counter seating in the front, additional seating in back. 2015 relocated from Fifth Ave.

Category: Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by

So much deliciousness - Edit

The falafel, as others have mentioned, is the best. I'm also a big fan of their fattoush salad (I prefer it to their tabbouleh). The lentil soup isn't half bad. Very filling. Reasonably priced. Quick service. Been here too many times to count. :)

Pros: Quick service, Excellent falafel, Great value

Cons: Small seating room, Pre-made pita

Favorite Falafel in AA! - Edit

Jerusalem Garden has been my go-to place to feed myself and take friends for a long time. This is a small place with fast sit-down service and take-out available. In the summer they have outside seating too. Prices are really reasonable for the portion size. The falafel is the best in town and they make the only grape leaves I have ever liked. They do serve meat but the veg and vegan selection is a large portion of the small menu. My only complaint is that they don't make their own pita but the falafel is so worth it.!

Pros: best falafel, good prices, fast service

Cons: limited seating

Best Falafel in Michigan - Edit

I dare you to find a better falafel sandwich in Michigan. It just doesn't exist. I'm sorry, you can try, but you won't succeed.

Pros: Amazing falafel, Outdoor seating, Cute!

Cons: Very small inside, Teeny tiny bathroom

Fantastic value! - Edit

I LOVE Jerusalem Garden!!! They have the BEST lentil soup of any restaurant in the area. Their portions are big and their prices are low ($5 for a big pita sandwich, etc). Their humus is incredible, and their mjadarra (sp?)is nice -- not as oily as other places. The servers are really friendly (though overworked!). In the summer, it's nice to sit outside.

Pros: good value, big portions, tasty

Cons: slow

Falafel from Heaven... - Edit

During my college days in Ann Arbor, Jerusalem Garden was one of my favorite cheap lunches. It is still the first place I go when I come back to town.

Not a vegetarian restaurant, Jerusalem Garden has more than enough choices for us vegetarians and vegans. The falafel is amazing, as are the stuffed grape leaves.

Don't forget to get a Turkish Coffee on your way out. It's a wonderful way to stay warm on a cool Autumn or cold Winter day.

Cheers!
Michael

Pros: Authentic Mideastern fare, Friendly staff, Super-fast

Cons: Very small dining area

Return to Ann Arbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jerusalem Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1919 times since May 2008.