First Review by Shelstar71

Great cafe - suitable for all - Edit

We have been travelling in the UK for 13 days and have found a handful of vegetarian restaurants. My parents are vegan and have been eating a lot of chips and salads, with a few notable exceptions. Finding Jenny's in Kirkwall while on the Orkney Islands was one. We asked at the tourist information centre if there were any vegetarian restaurants in town and were directed here. Jenny was a joy and although this space has very limited seating, the excellent food more than made up for that. She has vegetarian and vegan options, as well as a meat option for mixed groups. Orkney isn't quite yet ready for a full on veg restaurant so she had to compromise to make it work. Works great as far as I can see!

I had the sweet potato soup, which was creamy and delicious and seasoned perfectly. My folks, and meat eating brother, all had the ratatouille and raved about it. Jenny runs a one woman establishment, serving lunch and catering to an early dinner crowd. Everything is suitable for take away as well.

We would definitely recommend that you seek this cafe out if you are on the island. It's just a couple of blocks from the St. Magnus Cathedral down a narrow lane. Try it, it won't disappoint.

Pros: Delicious food , Friendly owner, Vegetarian and vegan

Cons: Limited seating, Not open Mondays

Return to Orkney Islands Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jenny's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.