Jenni's Noodle House

Contact 713-523-7600

3111 S Shepherd (at W Alabama St), Houston, Texas, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a separate vegan menu and the regular menu indicates many items that can be made vegan. Vegan options include appetizers, salads, main courses, and cookies. Try the art car curry, the dream rolls and vegetable dumplings. Multiple vermicelli salads are available vegan as well as soba, udon, and ramen dishes. Other locations are at 2027 Post Oak near Westheimer, 713-621-4200, and 602 E 20th near N Main in The Heights, 713-862-3344. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by devanshi

Jenni's tofu is super good - Edit

The menu at Jenni's has vermicelli salads, soups (including vegan pho!) and tofu based entrees. The menu clearly labels the vegan and vegan-izable dishes. I love the ginger tofu served with red onions and jalapeños with a side of cucumber seaweed salad. Make sure to grab a vegan cookie for dessert. Overall tasty and great quality, but a little pricey.

Pros: Excellent food

Cons: Expensive

Old Standard - Edit

I love Jenni's Noodle House. I've been frequenting them since they began in mid-town. They are very veggie/vegan friendly and were so before most restaurants got on the bandwagon. Their owners, Scott and Jenni, are wonderful people. Some people spoke of blandness. Part of their appeal is they have sauces that are added to many of their dishes (especially bun bowls). Their soups are flavorful and I highly recommend "Angry Udon" which is delicious and spicy too. Lots to choose from: Art Car Curry, TNG, Faux Pho, Lemongrass Tofu, Angry Udon, Seaweed Salad, Buddha Soba, Salt and Pepper Tofu, and the list goes on - all Vegan! Give yourself a treat and visit them. They have a few locations. I find the Heights to be my favorite.

Pros: Fresh, Variety, Fast Service

Not vegetarian friendly! - Edit

Jenni's Noodle House claims to be vegetarian and vegan friendly. On more than 1 occasion I have ordered vegan dishes and they have come back with meat items cooked in them(ie chicken or pork instead of tofu). Management was unapologetic about the mistakes. Needless to say I no longer frequent this restaurant. They don't care to cater to vegetarian and or vegan needs.

jnh - Edit

Most of the food is bland and not authentic the only item I like is the rocking veggies and they have a vegan menu! Most of the dishes taste the same plus they charge you to fry your tofu!? Its a nice atmosphere
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 31, 2012

Pros: vegan friendly , vegan pho , clean

Cons: pricey, bland, small portions

OK, but small - Edit

My husband and I have been to Jenni's Noodle House a few times with our kiddos. Although they have a vegan menu, which I appreciate, their food can be rather bland and their portions are small. We ordered appetizers and 3 dishes and were still hungry. We are not big eaters, but had to eat something at home afterwards. For a restaurant that totes itself as being the best noodles... not quite. We will probably not return.

Pros: Close to home, Not crowded, OK food

Cons: Small portions, Can be bland, Left hungry

Inauthentic Vietnamese - Edit

I've tried to eat here a few times, but the results have all been the same; bland-town. This is probably the most inauthentic Vietnamese food in the city. There are sooo many other great options, do yourself a favor and try somewhere else. I give them two stars simply because they have vegan options on their menu.

Pros: Vegan Options

Cons: Bland, Boring

So Yummy! - Edit

I visited the location on Westheimer tonight. So Yummy! I think I even said, "Forget dessert; I want more soup!"...

They have tons of vegetarian/vegan dishes, and those items were clearly marked on the menu.

We ordered the Angry Udon soup and it was full of flavor. We also ordered the TNG Noodles. We thought they were bland at first, but then we mixed in the sauce that they came with, plus some hot pepper oil and chili pepper sauce (near the soda machines from an unlabelled squeeze bottle, not the Rooster sauce on the tables). It tasted great!

I think Jenni's is going to be a new staple. =)

Pros: nice atmosphere, big portions, tasty!

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jenni's Noodle House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1341 times since Sep 2011.