Jaz & Jul's Chocolate House

+44-20-35834375

1 Chapel Market, Islington, North London, England, N1 9EZ

Vegetarian cafe where all menu items contain a form of chocolate. Offers a small food menu with dishes like black bean chili, salad, toast with avocado or pesto, and banana bread. Drinks are made with almond milk and have vegan whipped cream and marshmallow. Opened Nov 2016. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Take-out, British

First Review by AndyCB

Chocolate Heaven! - Edit

I discovered this gem of a place at the far end of Chapel Market (beyond the markets) sandwiched between a luxury chocolate shop and a Vietnamese restaurant. It’s a chocolate lover’s paradise where chocolate seems to sneak into all the dishes in weird and wonderful ways. I even enjoyed a healthy salad with chocolate undertones and they have a great selection of vegan cakes. Cheerful laid-back atmosphere and lovely staff. There’s also a spacious basement area with a comfy living room vibe and interesting décor. A relaxing place to sit around and work or read a book from their ‘book swap’ shelves while enjoying hot chocolate from an incredible range. My favourite is Masala Mojo with almond milk, topped with whipped vegan coconut cream. Delicious beyond words…

Pros: Friendly welcoming staff, Lots of vegan options

Fab find - Edit

We popped here for the boozy hot chocolate and weren't disappointed. I had the orange with almond milk and amaretto and it was delicious. The staff are really friendly and it's got a nice cozy feel. I was too full up from lunch to eat anything, but my friends enjoyed their cake and tart, and I bought a vegan marshmallow for later. The menu looks so inviting, I will definitely come back on an empty stomach!

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Friendly staff, Nice cozy setting

Hidden gem - Edit

My favourite place for hot chocolate. Large choice of flavours, but I prefer the plain varieties from a single origin. Very good! I'm not vegan, but vegan choices are available including coconut cream and and marshmallows. They also have a great selection of cakes and Sunday brunch choices. The chocolate cakes with changing flavours should not be missed! Staff are all great! We've been there many times and will be back.

Pros: Vegan choices available

Vegan rocky road! - Edit

A small cafe/bakery that's well worth a visit. On the day we went there was also cool market all along the street (Chapel Market) with many veggie options too.
My gf and I got one slice of cake each, a rocky road to share and hot drinks (gingerbread hot chocolate for her and coffee for me)
Coffee was nothing to shout about but she loved her hot chocolate. The rocky road was terrific! First vegan one I ever had and I missed it greatly!
Both other cakes were enjoyable too. You can eat in or take away, we did the latter because it's cheaper!

Pros: Range of vegan options, Nice location, Many hot chocolate options

Cons: Coffee could be better, Not all vegan

Love this place! - Edit

Now I'm not saying you'll get a full meal if you go here, but what you will get is some darn awesome hot chocolate and cake!

Pretty much all the cake is vegan (including an amazing rocky road) and the vegan whipped cream is delicious.

You do have to pay a bit extra for almond milk but apart from that, it's pretty much perfect. Everyone is very friendly and they really know what is and isn't vegan.

Pros: Chocolate, Chocolate, Cake

Vegan hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows - Edit

Rich hot chocolate with almond milk, coconut whipped cream and "mini" marshmallows (all vegan). The marshmallows were not mini - all the better! Will definitely be back!

Pros: Vegan hot chocolate

Return to North London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jaz & Jul's Chocolate House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.