First Review by Davemeredith

Nice woman, not-so-nice food - Edit

I agree with the other reviewer. The veggies were overcooked and soft. Maybe earlier in the day is better. Not easy for vegetarians in this city, unless I missed some good place, which is possible. No brown rice anywhere I could find. Only there for 1 day. The woman is very nice. I sense that she takes pride in her cooking. She suggested that I not use the bathroom because I'd need to get past her dog, which bites. Food is inexpensive.

Very cheap but not good - Edit

This really is a small place more like a shop than a restaurant. It has been going for 14 years and is run by a small energetic woman. There are lots of curries to choose from and each isjust B 20 so it is cheap. Unfortunately we went therein the early evening and all the four dishes we ordered werereally overcooked and the veggies were as soft as soft can be. No freshly cooked food was available. This place might be better for lunch. The owner told us more items are available earlier in the day. A word of warning for Thais my Thai partner didn't like the taste ofthe dishes. Before you go head for a toilet elsewhere cos the owner was decidedly odd about our request touse the loo and we had to go to the convenience storenext door-there we were told by that shop owner several of the Jay Palak customers had come to their shop asking for the toilet as the owner of Jay Palak doesn't want customers using her water which is expensive inthat area - take that with a pinch of salt but she was certainly odd with us when we asked.
To be fair maybe this place would be seen in a better light reviewed at lunch time.

Pros: Cheap, Been running for many years

Cons: Overcooked curries, No fresh food, No toilet

Return to Khon Kaen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jay Palake closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 629 times since Dec 2009.