Jawaiian Irie Jerk

• Veg-friendly
Contact 808-388-2917

1137 11th Ave (at Waialae Ave, Oahu), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 96816

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chef Cassie understands what vegan is and makes vegan dishes in addition to traditional Jamaican and Caribbean cuisine. Menu might includes Ital stew, tofu delight, rasta pasta, salads, and veggie patties.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Caribbean, Catering, Jamaican, Non-veg

First Review by Lilschulze

Happy Dance (delicious vegan options) - Edit

I did a happy dance after eating here - I got the Ital stew which came with 2 sides. My sister got a spicey tofu dish which she also loved. I think there were only 3 vegan entrées here, but there weren't many non-veg options either. No matter, the food was great. I love Carribean food when I can find vegan options. Nice, relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend!

Pros: Delicious vegan options, Nice decor/atmosphere, Friendly

Cons: Jamaican food, no Jamaican accents

Amazing! - Edit

One of the best places we tried on our vacation! It's hard to fine; three places share the same entrance, so look for the Himalayan kitchen and Seed, and it'll be to your left. A handful of options for vegans, but they're all great! Highly recommend.

Pros: Great food, Big portions

Cons: location hard to find

Great Post-hike - Edit

Hiked Diamond Head and this place was fairly nearby. Not much of a hike but after driving for over an hour across town and waiting for parking, then hiking in midday sun I was hungry. Nice breezy cool place. The tofu delight was so tasty! She said the chef can whip up vegan desserts (though none are listed) but I didn't try any. Parking lot is nearby but like anywhere you need some luck to find a spot.

Pros: Break From Heat, Delicious, Nice Staff

Return to Honolulu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jawaiian Irie Jerk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2028 times since Feb 2012.