Java Joe's

906-643-5282

959 N State St, St Ignace, Michigan, USA, 49781

Serves meat, vegan options available. Saint Ignace coffeehouse with ovo-lacto vegetarian choices for breakfast and brunch food marked on menu, and owner is vegetarian. Vegans need to specify. Relaxed atmosphere with tea pots lining the walls. Look for the 60s themed painted van parked on the front lawn. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-1:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegotter

Good but could be GREAT! - Edit

Java Joes is not a vegan restaurant but they do have a large selection of menu items that are vegetarian. The only thing on the menu that is vegan friendly is the fruit bowl (minus the sweet bread) and plain toast. The staff stated they could make something special up for me but I choose to just eat fruit when we visited. I would LOVE to see this establishment make a couple of subtle changes to include a few options for vegans. It would not be difficult to remove the honey from the homemade granola and substitute maple syrup, or agave. The coffee was great though and the atmosphere was fun and funky. I cannot say enough good things about all who worked there. We will go back again, but I will need to eat something beforehand. I would give a higher star amount if they offered a few vegan dishes.

Pros: Staff is wonderful, Restaurant has a great vibe, Lots of options for vegetarians

Cons: No truly vegan options

Oven not on! - Edit

When heading north it can be difficult to find veg options. I was excited to try this place so we crossed the bridge and were extra hungry.
What a disappointment. We tried to order during usual eating hours and were told their ovens weren't on.
This place seems to be a bit too relaxed with their schedule for hungry family travelers.
Call ahead before visiting...or risk going hungry.

Cons: Oven not on, Not ready to serve

Return to St Ignace Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Java Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.