CLOSED: Jason's Organic Pizza Cafe

Contact 732-899-2900

1314 Richmond Ave, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey, USA, 08742

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pizza, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, fresh house-made breads and soft pretzels. Has vegan Daiya cheese and gluten-free - call ahead to confirm. CONFIRMED CLOSED, AUG 2016. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, American, Pizza, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by RVK

the bomb! - Edit

Being vegan but loving pizza is a challenge, especially those nights when you really miss buffalo chicken pizza, BUT then I discovered Jason's organic pizza and they have a vegan tofu bbq pizza that is even better! Bonus they have vegan ranch dressing! I've tried their vegan pizzas and they're amazing !

Pros: vegan options, PIZZA

Perhaps I Should Try It Again? - Edit

I went to Jason's recently for the first time. I was very excited to have a place with vegan options so close to the beach. A few things were amiss:

- The menu does not have a complete list of their food. When I asked the staff about it they said "what do you want, we can make anything vegan". I had heard they had vegan mozzarella sticks, however they weren't on the menu. I had to ask if they had them.

- The food was not quite good. We order calzones which were said to have a "tofu ricotta" in them. This was basically just smushed up tofu. There was no spices or ingredients to render this being any sort of "tofu ricotta". I also order the calzone with broccoli and mock meatballs. It only had the mock meatballs in it. For the most part it was pretty tasteless.

- This was relatively expensive as well. For two calzones, one order of mozzarella sticks and a drink we paid $42.

Some of my friends rave about this place. Did I just order the wrong thing?

Pros: Organic Ingredients

Cons: Expensive, Bad Food, Confusing menu

Organic Goodness! - Edit

Jason's Organic Cafe is a refreshing change to the typical local choices. The Organic & Vegan menu options are exciting and taste awesome as well! Jason is knowledgeable and health minded. He makes all of his own organic pizza dough & bread himself. The tomato sauce is impressively organic as well, which is great as tomatoes are one of the vegetables that are commonly loaded with pesticides and are usually genetically modified. I love the creative vegan pizza made with hummus, and topped with artichokes, kalamata olives, and Daiya cheese. The very veggie pie with zucchini, eggplant parm, and veggie burger are great too. The organic salads, organic stuffed mushrooms, and organic soft pretzels are great appetizer choices. I love this place and I'm so happy to have tasty local organic convenience food! I have no reason to eat out anywhere else!

Pros: Organic!, Healthy, Delicious

Return to Point Pleasant Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Jason's Organic Pizza Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2382 times since Mar 2011.