Jasmine Garden

Contact 970-223-6211

1612 N. College Ave , Fort Collins, Colorado, USA, 80524

Serves meat, vegan options available. Jasmine Gardens has a large selection of vegan Asian food. However, some of their soy meat is reportedly not vegan and may contain egg. They also have tofu soup and other vegetarian and potentially vegan options. Atmosphere is quiet and calming. Previously located on College Ave.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Chasebe

NOT vegan friendly - Edit

I first started ordering from Jasmine Garden after reading a Happy Cow review that stated that all of the soy meat options there were vegan. I was a loyal customer, because the soy meat options were definitely delicious. However, today, for the first time, Jasmine Garden included a menu with my order. Curious about all of the different options, I took a glance, and to my dismay, found an asterisk next to the soy meat options. Here is what the menu said about their soy meats: "Vegetarian Soymeat: made from soybean fiber with egg white powder, sugar, salt, soybean oil and vegetarian seasoning." What is most disappointing to me about this is that many times when ordering, I asked for the "vegan soymeat," and never once did they tell me it was not actually vegan.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday July 25, 2012

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Non-vegan

Veggie Meats NOT VEGAN - Edit

Food is pretty normal Chinese fare. Nothing extraordinary. Please ignore other happy cow user's review that claims the soy meat options are vegan. The menu clearly states that the meat replacemts contain egg powder.

Return to Fort Collins Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jasmine Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 830 times since Aug 2011.