Jasmine Cafe

( 1 review )
207-376-4855

730 Center St, Auburn, Maine, USA, 04210

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant and lounge. Menu offers Thai, Korean, and Japanese dishes, and labels the vegetarian items such as tofu angles and curry with tofu. Could get tofu/veggie substitute - ask your server. Reported no vegan options April 2017, please let HappyCow know. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by LadySnowIva

Its okay - Edit

With a lot of Asian restaurants you have to ask if there is animal products not if it's "vegan". The vegetarian menu uses a lot of oyster sauces and the curries all use fish/shrimp paste. They have tofu options. I usually get Japchae with tofu. It's very salty most of the time.

One time I did get a noodle dish that I asked to have no egg in. They brought the dish out 3 times each time having egg in it. I left after the third time, hungry and annoyed at by how difficult my simple request was. I only stick with Japchae and try to avoid this place unless my family really wants to go. Not really worth it when there are other restaurants in the area that serve more vegan friendly options.

Pros: Nice dining space

Cons: Served me egg 3x, Expensive, Salty

Return to Auburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jasmine Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.