Jardin Verde

Contact 809-565-2084

18A Salvador Sturla Street, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic,

An organic vegetarian restaurant in a peaceful setting. Serves a variety of cuisines with vegan options. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Juice bar

First Review by Dgregg

Good Food, Friendly Staff, Should Be Patient When Going - Edit

I went to this restaurant and I had a good time. It was nice to have Asian food with more than tofu and veggies for once (I stayed near Chinatown this trip). They were very nice but they were a bit slow (but I did come at an awkward time).

The last reviewer mentioned mosquitos and I didn't have that problem. I never got bit. However in the DR they are everywhere and it's hard not to go somewhere and not get bit especially when you are outside like you will be at this outdoor restaurant.

Though the last reviewer was right, may not be a place to go if you don't speak Spanish. The location can be hard to find (it's on the left side of Tiradentes going north and opposite the Pizza Hut. And it is about two blocks before John F. Kennedy Avenue) and if you need to ask directions you'll be in the middle of town where fewer people speak English.

Pros: hot food, friendly staff

Cons: slower service, hard to find, cash only

Chinese food with lots of mosquito bites - Edit

The vegan items are not clearly marked and the owner and waitstaff do not speak English. The fake fish is made with mushrooms (I'm not a fan). My dinner was rather bland. I ordered a picante tofu rice dish, but what I got was white rice with soft tofu in a vegetable broth. The frozen mango drink was nice and really hit the spot in the hot weather. The owner was nice and tried to be accommodating. I'm here for work not pleasure so no I don't speak fluent Spanish. I know the Sin Queso, Sin Leche, Sin Huevo, etc. But he still didn't understand. The mosquitoes are so bad at his place that he has taken to handing out a menthol balm to patrons. In hopes that will keep the bugs away. I left with about 6 mosquito bites. I also had to find my own fork, napkin, etc. Personally I wouldn't return or recommend it.

Pros: vegan options, nice garden view

Cons: Mosquitoes, Cash-only, No English

Best Veggie Restaurant in DR - Edit

I've been to a handful of vegetarian restaurants in the Dominican Republic (all listed in happy cow except the ones in Punta Cana) and this is the best so far. The setting, staff, variety, and price are all great.

As another reviewer stated, the map is wrong. If you are going down Tiradentes from Avenida Kennedy, you will have to turn right onto Salvador Sturla, not left. The street dead ends and it's surrounded by no other businesses and there is no sign. The fence is painted green and the seats are located just at the end of the driveway.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 26, 2013

Pros: Variety, Taste, Staff

Cons: Hard to find, Location, Serves egg

Wish I lived near-by! - Edit

Soo good and affordable! It can be a challenge to find; the address numbers don't go in correct order. It seems to be run out of someone's home and is beautified with tons of bonsai'. Lots of character and good food!

Pros: Good Food, Affordable

Cons: Hard to find first time.

Hard to find, yummy! - Edit

Asian-style, lots of fake meat, smoothies too. Staff international and quite friendly. Note, map is wrong, it is west of Tiradentes, and across it from Pizza Hut. Short walk to baseball stadium.

Pros: Variety, Friendly staff, Value

Cons: Hard to find, No sign, Not central

Return to Santo Domingo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jardin Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1511 times since Mar 2012.