Jardin Restaurant

n/a

Rua Gertulio Vargas 184, Abraao, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Serves meat, vegan options available. Centrally located on the island. Has healthy, veggie choices such as a green detox soup, a veggie burger, and salads that can be requested vegetarian/vegan. A number of fresh juices, smoothies, and desserts such as açai. Open Mon-Fri 4:30pm-10:00pm, Sun 4:30pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Western, Juice bar, Fusion, Brazilian, Non-veg

First Review by NatalieMayer

Good but would be better if all vegan - Edit

I had a veggie burger and it was nice. However, it bizarrely came in a semicircular bun whose diameter was much bigger than that of the burger but not double, meaning that they didn't really fit together at all: too hipster. It came with 'sweet potato chips' and I tried to clarify with the waiter (possibly manager) if this meant in the British or American sense by asking if they were hot or cold; he said that they were hot but when the meal arrived they were crisps; it was a bit disappointing but at least they had the novelty of being made from sweet potatoes. Worse was that I'd made it clear that I didn't want any dairy or egg products (which he definitely understood) but it came with mayonnaise in a little pot; he of course took it away but I shouldn't have had to have had the revolting substance sitting there at all given that I had said in advance. I enjoyed the food and would give the restaurant five stars if it were vegan but no restaurant that sells animal body parts deserves full marks. It also annoyingly fails to open for lunch. Nevertheless, my gratitude at its being there for vegans at all prevents me from deducting more than one star.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice outdoor seating

Cons: Not all vegan, Not open for lunch

One of the few places with healthy options in Ilha Grande - Edit

While in Ilha Grande I saw a sign that said veggie burger so it got my attention! We got there and the staff was very friendly and helpful and specified that all the salads could be made vegetarian/vegan on request. I had a green detox soup which was great after all the unhealthy food I had on the island! The açai was fantastic and I loved the homemade ice tea (not sweetened!) Theres also green smoothies and fresh fruit juices. I would definitely recommend Jardin if looking for something healthy on the island! :)

Pros: Vegan & vegetaria options, Friendly staff, healthy food

Return to Ilha Grande Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jardin Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.