CLOSED: Jardin Del Parque

• Vegetarian

Contact 22484979

Calle 19, Ave 3, Casa 156, San Jose, Costa Rica,

A vegetarian food restaurant that uses local, organic and seasonal ingredients from its own garden. All dishes are made with natural ingredients and non-gmo. Added breakfast to its offering in fall of 2012. Reportedly closed Nov 2013.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Costa Rican

First Review by RusoHortorexico

Great experience! - Edit

Yesterday my wife and I continued our quest of kNowing all of the vegetarian restaurants in Costa Rica. It was a beuatful day and perfect for the outdoor seating at Jardin del Parque. Parque Nacional is right in front! It is a unique setting, verty clean and very friendly wait staff. The menu was not complicated. It was nice to know how they strive to be 100% organic. The drinks were very good. I has the pineapple and celery. I ordered the chick pea hamburger. My wife ordered the house special panini with eggplant, arugula and goat's cheese. The salad came first and it was very special. It was one of the best salads I have had in a long time. The sandwiches were also great. The bread is the kind you'd like to back up a truck to the gate and fill it and take it home. We had dessert. We know that vegan desserts can be dry. The brownie was dry but my tarta de frutas was excellent. We will be back MANY TIMES!

Pros: great atmosphere, friendly staff, great organic food

wonderful - Edit

This is a must for any vegetarian visiting San Jose, Costa Rica. Wonderful and inventive cuisine with friendly efficient service and good prices. We did find that they were closed on the weekend - at least when we were there in the low season.

A little gem in the city! - Edit

Wow! We are so glad we found this amazing little restaurant thanks to Happy Cow! The food was AMAZING. The special of the day was a delicious lentil curry with galangal and a green salad (with kale!). The pineapple and basilic juice was delicious. We also ordered the tomato and basil soup that was delicous and the garbanzo beans burger. Don't forget to try the honey cookies (or the ginger ones if you like it spicy!). The atmosphere was great and the staff super friendly! We sure will come back! The pizza of the day was OK but not as good as the rest of the food. All the regulars order the special of the day which was the cheapest thing and the most delicious. Outdoor siting only so make sure you are well-dressed if it is cold outside. Now only open from Mon to Fri from 11 am to 7 pm.

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Friendly

Cons: Outside sitting only (can be cold), Not open on weekends

Worth the Effort to Find! - Edit

We had a very difficult time finding this place. It does not have an obvious sign. It is located in the patio of a hostel, across from a park. So, you won't easily fnd this place. Make the effort; you will find it well worth it.

Veg and vegan items. Just ask, and you will get good suggestions, and reliable information.

Loved the mushroom burger (vegan); my friend, who is not veg, had the bean hamburger, and loved it. Even the salad ingredients have the flavor that let's you know that they came from their own organic garden. Various vegan muffins and pastries for dessert. Finished with coffee with almond milk.

The place even has a good, laid back vibe, with mellow (and not too loud) music.

Pros: Informal and reasonably priced., Excellent food (even for non-vegs/vegans), Clean, nice, laid back atmosphere

Cons: Hard to find (but worth the efort)

Healthiest, tastiest food in Costa Rica - Edit

I was staying in downtown San Jose this past week. I had a nice walk to this restaurant which has several parks nearby. My spanish is limited so I didnt really understand the menu. Thats not their fault, its mine, but I wasnt sure what I was ordering. I got the plate of the day after my server explained what it was. I wasnt disappointed, it was fantastic. I wished I could read the menu so I could try other dishes. This was probably the best meal I had in Costa Rica.

Pros: fantastic location and setting, good service, incredible local cusine

outstanding! - Edit

the food i had last week at jardin del parque was wonderful!! i can still remember how impressed and pleased i was with my selection and my partner's dish was nice as well. we both had the vegan options, which i wish they had more of in general, but we will no doubt return for more! oh yeah! they even had kombucha, which i've been craving since i left the states in october! (smile)

Pros: location, friendly staff, healthy

Cons: price, smokers

Fantastic, healthy food in a lovely setting - Edit

I'm so happy to have finally made it to Jardín del Parque this week. After eating here once, I know I'll be back- and often! Jardín is absolutely committed to serving fresh organic, local ingredients, as well as integrating sustainable practices into their business as a whole. The owners (and staff) are really friendly and accessible- I regularly see them at the Saturday farmer's market. They serve daily specials as well as a full regular menu of paninis/burgers/tapas. I hadn't had Kombucha in months till I got a glass from them! The cafe's ambience is great as well: airy, bright, and natural. I will definitely be back for DINNER, the daily specials, the kombucha, and the hamburguesas.

Pros: organic/local, healthy, dinner

SIMPLY THE BEST - Edit

I was staying outside the city and I take a 45 min bus ride just to go again for my favourite lunch! It is simply one of the best spots in the city. The people were great (and great looking) and the food is simply undervalued for what you are actually getting. Also, going local is always the right choice. Must GO!!

Pros: Great Food, Great Value, Great Place

Cons: I go there a lot?

Best place in town ORGANIC, DELITIOUS & VEGGIE - Edit

I love this place; it is one of the very few organic restaurants in town! Their food is simply great tasting decadent pleasure. The couple running the place are sweet, funny fellows, with a kind way to serve and teach you a few lessons of healthy foods. Located right across the street from the National Park, in the front porch of an antique house, sheltered by an incredible bamboo tents and furniture!!! The food, the place, the view and the people are just the amazing. Definitely a place to go while staying in San Jose and to recommend it to a friend!!! I just love it!

Pros: Organic, Delitious, healthy cuisine

Cons: might be addictive

Awesome Conscious Food - Edit

They have amazing organic food, all the ingredients are alive, but not raw. The food is cooked with much love and it can be felt all over.
The space is clean and infront of this awesome park.
Love this place, their food heals me. Thank you sooo much...

Best Kept Secret - Edit

Delicious food. Great service. Incredible location. Those lucky enough to enjoy eating at Jardin del Parque will find themselves in for a treat. What I loved about this cafe was not only their variety of fresh vegetarian cuisine, but the freshness of the organic locally sourced products. The service was kind and with a smile. Sitting in front of the national park while having lunch was such a pleasure. Overall such a great eating experience and I'm not even a vegetarian. Would suggest this for local and foreigners alike looking for quality food in a gorgeous place.
PS the furniture and bamboo design has such a synergy of beauty and sustainability. Will definitely be back!!!

Pros: Exvellent food , Healthy Cuisine , Friendly staff

Cons: None , None , None

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Jardin Del Parque closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 913 times since Dec 2011.