First Review by super8J

A little pricy and has some hits and misses - Edit

Me and my bf were really excited to try the cheese platter but it turned out to be awful and not worth the money. The texture and taste were nothing even close to cheese and tasted weird. Plus all the cheeses were made of nuts and the fact that you had only more nuts and bread on the plate made the whole dish very dry and fatty which we didn't find tasty at all.
The burger with seitan also had a weird taste which we also wouldn't recommend to order.
However, their coctails and wrap with tempeh were amazing! One thing about the wrap was, though, that it was served with probably a whole can worth of regular chickpeas on the side, which we obviously couldn't finish up. That was absolutely not necessary and wasteful.
Other than that, the menu has a lot other dishes to offer, so we are sure that you can find some more hidden jems on there!

Very vegan friendly just don't bother with dessert - Edit

This place does get busy so is best to book, luckily on the night we went they had a spare table for us. It is vegetarian however there is a good range of vegan options. I would say that majority of the main courses were vegan and some of the dishes on the menu were not vegan but it said (vegan option) next to and you could ask them to alter it to make it vegan. menu was clear and well labelled. we had a seitan burger for main and it was soo good. unfortunately the fried sweet potato it comes with are not chips but thinly sliced fried sweet potato but these were much nicer than the ones served at vegana burger. the salad was ruined with olive oil but that's how they like it. the desserts were questionable. I had lemon sorbet but there was only one scoop and it seemed to be drowned in what only tasted like vodka, my partner had passionfruit cheesecake but the Base was pretty soggy. I would say skip dessert here but don't skip the restaurant definitely worth going. lovely atmosphere too. and I had a wonderful glass of sangria and the beer was very affordable for my partner too. cost us €45 for three courses each and alcoholic drinks.

Pros: lots of choice even for vegans, nice atmosphere

Cons: desserts aren't great

great food - Edit

Food was very good, only one option was not vegan, so enough dishes from the buffet to choose! Price is 8,90 euros for the buffet including tea which is very good. Staff were friendly, location is nice too.

Pros: good food, good located, easy to find

Tasty food - Edit

Very good food, nice staff. Went to this restaurant a few times, never disappointed. A bit expensive for us locals, but the food is really good.

Amazing!! - Edit

I arrived without a reservation and since it was in late December, the place was very busy. We were able to secure a table, but had to eat quickly, which is a shame because I would have liked to spend much more time there to relax and really enjoy my food. I was still very happy to be able to eat there.

I ordered the burger with caramelized onions. It came with a salad and a side of root veggie fries. The burger was really to die for, it is probably amongst the best burgers I've had. The salad was not particularly good, but not particularly bad either. The dressing was just bland.

If I lived in Lisbon, I'd go there A LOT.

Pros: Great service, Great food, Great atmosphere

Lovely place! Recommand it! - Edit

I had a lovely vegan lunch at Jardim Dos Sentidos. I've felt welcomed and I was really happy when they told me that 99% of the buffet was vegan.

It was DELICIOUS. I also tried the passion fruit cheesecake, which was soft and light. A perfect way to end this really good meal.

Keep the good work!

Pros: Excellent food, Good staff

Nice place! - Edit

Jardim dos Sentidos is a vegetarian restaurant with many vegan options. The vegan options are clearly marked. It is nicely decorated and I suppose in summer their garden must be very beautiful. They have many starters, mains and desserts to choose from, many dishes are influenced by Asian or Oriental food.

Our dishes didn’t taste like they would in their country of origin, but were very good anyway. What I didn’t like was that they had a crumble with vanilla ice cream, that you can get in a vegan version. But the vegan version wasn’t with vanilla ice cream, instead I got a scoop of lemon sorbet. Both the crumble and the sorbet were good, but in my opinion it is not a good combination. Had I known that I would not get vegan vanilla ice cream, I would have chosen something else…

Would definitely go there again!

Pros: Good food, Great ambience

beautiful place - Edit

One of my favorite dining places in Lisbon. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food. I love their mango salad. They use high quality ingredients and interesting flavor combinations.

Pros: quality, lots of vegan options, relaxing atmosphere

Cons: a bit pricy

Food ok, but poor service - Edit

Food was ok (bit heavy on 'mock meats'), but after taking our initial order we were totally ignored. We had lengthy waits to get desert menu, the bill and final insult change after paying the bill. Very disappointing.

Pros: Food OK

Cons: Poor service., Bit pricey

We returned - Edit

I've been to many vegetarian restaurants during my travels. We found Jardim dos Sentidos by searching with Happy Cow. The decor was very warm. I couldn't believe how big the place was. We were seated roughly half way inside when we noticed that the restaurant continued well into the back. The back part looked like a huge tent and we saw people going even further so I suspect there was even a patio area ( don't know for sure as we didn't ask).

Service was friendly. We were astonished by the selection of the menu. It was of the largest we have seen for a vegetarian restaurant. We made our selection and everything was delicious. We came back for another meal on Sunday but unfortunately it was closed.

If this place was in my home city, I would be eating here often.

Best Restaurant in lisbon - Edit

This was my favorite restaurant that i went to in Lisbon! (out of eight) I am vegan and they had plenty of vegan options, and everything else is vegetarian. I went to both the by-menu dinner and their lunch buffet.

The food was all delicious and was some of the best prepared, seasoned, and presented food that i had in lisbon. The vegan desserts were also very good! I went to dinner here with 4 carnivores and they were all delighted with it!

The ambiance is classy and quite lovely. The location is close to the Jardin botanico, so if you are coming here for lunch i recommend you go to the jardin botanico before or after. The restaurant is also located right next to the small and scenic praca da alegria.

If you only go to one restaurant in Lisbon, this should be it!

Pros: food, location, ambiance

Fine vege dining - Edit

I love this restaurant and always visit when in Lisbon. It's a pleasure to relax and dine in this fine restaurant which has an extensive menu including many vegan options. The food is of a very high quality and the staff are professional and friendly.

Pros: delicious food , nice interior, good value

Cons: not 100% vegan

Amazing place - Edit

The best. Vegan food never I eat in LISBOA
Fantastic food and every Day differens dishes.
I'll come back when I live in Lisboa.
The first in Portugal (vegan), I think.

Pros: Differents dishes, Fresh food

great restaurant - Edit

Loved this place. All vegan choices displayed on the menu and staff very friendly. Great selection of teas. Had courgette soup which was delicious followed by the chilli which was really tasty. Only disappointment was the vegan cheesecake which wax soggy.

Pros: vegan choices

Good, little pricey perhaps - Edit

It is quite a big restaurant, good atmosphere. I had Pakara which was very good, my main dish and dessert, seitan and lemon cheesecake, were a bit bland to be honest, especially considering the price.

fantastic experience - Edit

Wonderful friendly staff , awesome menu and lovely balmy garden . I had the seitan parmigiana which was hearty and tasty , with great vegan lime cheesecake , a real
Oasis in meaty Portugal

very good! - Edit

Great selection of food! The tofu and seitan kebab was particularly delicious along with the coconut dessert!

Cons: Juices could be a bit bigger

Great Resto - Edit

This resto has a nice vibe and a vast menu, with plenty of vegan options. Very tasty good and good wine, relaxing atmosphere.

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jardim dos Sentidos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.