Janina's Fine Desserts

Contact 717-741-1144

176 Leaders Heights Rd, York, Pennsylvania, USA, 17402

Serves meat, vegan options available. Focus is on European pastries and will take special orders for vegan cakes. Serves lunch food which are mostly ovo-lacto vegetarian suitable, coffee and organic soymilk option. Tue-Fri 7:30am-5:00pm, Sat 7:30am-4:00pm, Sun 8:00am-1:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, European, Non-veg

First Review by RJWallick

Bday! - Edit

The bakery isn't very visable from the road, but its a fantastic bakery. I was hard pressed to find a bakery that does vegan cakes. Luckily i found this place. I called and ordered a chocolate raspberry cake for my birthday. It was fantastic.. The staff and the owner were very nice. Definitly going back

Pros: friendly staff, excellent vegan cake

Cons: hardly visable from street

Vegan B-day Cake - Edit

I special ordered a vegan birthday cake for my husband. It was exquisite. It was expensive but I would rather have a smaller portion of higher quality than a giant portion of cheap crap. It was delicious. I will order from them again!
Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 03, 2014

Updated from previous review on Tuesday June 03, 2014
Today I visited their stand at York Central Market. I had stuffed cabbage with tomato sauce which was delicious and banana cake which was AWESOME. They have different vegan specials daily!

Pros: Friendly, High Quality

Cons: High Price

A must visit place every time I am in York! - Edit

This place is fantastic! The first several times I stopped in it was to bring my elderly mother in law a bakery treat. My husband and I live out of town but frequently stop on our way to visit to bring her a meal or a treat of some sort. The baked goods are absolutely exquisite. I do not exaggerate. I noticed about a year ago that they had begun serving lunch. The owner's son was working and he told me he designed the entire lunch menu, which was full of variety and interest. Though I am not a vegetarian, there were many veg friendly items and all menu items were prepared healthfully with no additives such as MSG and minimal processed food ingredients. The young man was very willing to answer my questions about the ingredients, methods of preparation, etc.
I truly wish this place was closer. The food is superb and the owner Janina as well as her son Eric and all of the folks I have seen working there are very kind and helpful. Sorry to see I can't give a non-vegetarian restaurant 5 cows, because this one merits it.

Pros: Excellent food., Friendly staff.

Return to York Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Janina's Fine Desserts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 757 times since Jul 2013.