CLOSED: Jambo Jambo

02-94393277

Shop 16, Crows Nest Plaza, 103 - 111 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest, New South Wales, 2065

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian cuisine using traditional spices to create dishes in the form of a thick stew, served atop injera, a sourdough flat bread that is laid over the plate, while portions of stew are spooned on top of the bread in order to soak up the juices. The vegetables, beans, and potatoes dishes are vegan suitable - ask to verify. PER OWNER CLOSED SINCE AUG 2016.

Categories: Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by cha222

Brilliant first Vegan meal out :D - Edit

Hello curious foodies who maybe vegan or meat eaters this place is excellent actually exquisite for a meal out weather vegan or not the owner is so heart warming & friendly & boy can he cook up a feast!! I won't spoil your trip into it let's just say the owner knows how to delight every customers taste buds & social needs .As vegans me & my friend i dined out with for my first dine out vegan dinner we can eat,eat,eat,eat & my friend got full before me so i had alot to eat & some lovely coffee !
I was thinking the whole time i never want this to end ,can i stay here forever it's heavenly & can i change my life goals to help africa & eat some nice food ? But ofcource all good things come to an end especially when you can eat practically when the business opens till when it ends in pure bliss . The staff & service & Food quality is like none other place i'v been to in sydney honestly aka well worth going to multiple times !And it's not going to make you bankrupt . A blissful foodie experience i'll be lucky if it's not full next time we go ,luckily it wasn't packed to the rafters on a weekday so we had some nice privacy ! But i must say i imagine once you read this ,go there & spread the word it will be busy as anything ! It looks small but looks deceive & this place my friends is a hidden gem in my heart & a few others hearts ! xx Definitely my fav place now only wish is that it was open for lunch !xx

Pros: Exquisite Food,Friendly staff, Vegan options !!!owner cooks himself, Not going to blow a budget

Cons: Wish i never got a full belly xD, The menu says vegetarian but it's vegan!, N.A/no cons :p

The perfect place to share food! - Edit

The owner and the staff were super friendly, coming back to serve us more food (at no additional cost), there was a good vibe, and most of all the food was really yummy. They have a decent menu for vegans, and you will come out of the restaurant super full!
I highly recommend! It's a great experience to share food with your friends and your fingers!

Pros: yummy food, Good concept for a dinner, Friendly staff

Return to Crows Nest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Jambo Jambo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.