Jalus

Contact 0432669730

46 Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam,

Opened Nov 2015, a vegan restaurant and cafe with an earthy design. Makes all dishes in-house. Owner supports street and disadvantaged Vietnamese youth. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by Allcatsaregrey

Yummy little spot - Edit

Nice little vegan place with balcony overlooking the street. Some food was very good, service was slow.

Autumn rolls, very tasty indeed, with a curry-tofu type of filling.

Pancakes, small portion but also very tasty. Loving the food here.

Omelette, ech. Nothing like an omelette, and more importantly, not good. Like eating onions. Good toast though.

Chocolate cake, meh. Not very chocolate, not very moist, nothing in the way of frosting.

Pros: Good food, if you order right

Cons: Pricey for Hanoi, relaxed service

Delicious + will be back! - Edit

Food was so delicious here, I had a salad and a fresh juice. I brought a non vegetarian with me and he loved it as well. The prices were a bit high but I enjoyed every last bite so it was worth it for me. I will be in Hanoi for the next month and will definitely be attending this place again.

disappointed - Edit

I was super excited to try the place. Been reading amazing reviews about it and the place looks cute and nice, very cool menu. Unfortunately the food didn't taste as expected, my body isn't feeling ok after the food.

Pros: vegan , close by , cute place

Cons: taste

Awesome find - Edit

Found this gem whilst travelling through Vietnam, and it was so far beyond my expectations. The food was amazing, and so filling! Kind of pricey by Vietnam standards, but still much cheaper than anything at home. 10/10 would definitely recommend!

Pros: Choices, Location + environment, Delicious food

Cons: Nothing

wonderful food - Edit

We came here for our first meal in Hanoi and it did not disappoint. We sat outside on the balcony and watched the busy street below. The food was really tasty, try the autumn rolls they're amazing. The service was great and it had a wonderful atmosphere.

Pros: tasty food , lovely atmosphere and location, healthy

Cons: slightly pricey

Nice for dinner - Edit

The pizza is nice and the tofu cream pasta was amazing. They are quite friendly and the atmosphere is good for working. If I wanted somewhere to sit in peace and have a coffee and do some work this would be the place.

Amazing! - Edit

I went here for breakfast and had the mango pancakes and lime juice, that service was great, the price was brilliant and most importantly the food was dreamy

Pros: Food, Price, Service

0 stars - Edit

Actually it deserves $$$. I have been it $$$ places in Hanoi that were cheaper. The soup of the day was solid for 50k but really small and the quiche for 85k is already one of the cheaper mains. The quiche was ok but the portion not really big. Drinks are very expensive
Staff is very friendly.
The atmosphere is very "hippy-hipster" and there's a lot of detox drinks and stuff for eco fans. Sadly the Kombucha tea tried to kill my boyfriend and me. It tasted like pure vinegar and made both of us, especially me, feel sick with stomach pain for an hour or so. This is actually the reason why I can't give any stars.

Cons: expensive, not good for the price

Kind of hit and miss food. - Edit

I've been here several times and can honestly say the food is a bit hit and miss. The smoothies are great, and I love that you are guaranteed for everything to be vegan however a couple of times that I have visited they didn't have half of the things on the menu and have got my order wrong a couple of times. The decor is pretty shabby and the place definitely needs a revamp- they could do so much more with the place.

The pizzas were average, a little dry and the roasted sweet potatoes have been a bit weird on texture the last couple of times of visiting. The waiter explained that it isn't the best potato season...well perhaps don't offer the chips if the produce isn't great?

The chocolate cake and avocado mousse were divine and I have popped in a few times to get my sweet tooth fix, however the cookies were disappointing. Tiny and dry!

Definitely in need of some improvements as it could be a great establishment!

Very good but poor execution - Edit

When arriving at Jalus all was good! Decor was beautiful, waiters were attentive and kind, air con and wifi. A beautiful place to relax.
After getting the menu we were super excited. Everything sounded great.
On this day we tried to order the Masala Chai & Chai latte but not available.
We opted for black bean burger, side of fries, vegan quiche, soy latte.

Meals are tiny, do not go here if your very hungry.
Fries were dry but vegan aioli was nice!
Quiche tasted good but was super small.
Soy latte was super watery..I even questioned if there was coffee in it or just watered down warm soy milk.

In a nutshell, all is perfect but food execution is poor for a high price in Hanoi.

Pros: decor, comfort, service

Cons: food, price

Wonderful - Edit

we came here after finding it on Happy Cow and we were not disappointed...our food was delicious and so were our drinks..it's so good that they don't use plastic straws but instead bamboo ones. This place is definitely worth a visit easy to find in the old quarter if you have a map.

Pros: all vegan lovely relaxing atmosphere.

Cons: alittle pricey

So and so - Edit

Me and my girlfriend really wanted to have the curry so we were quite disappointed when we were told it was finished (it was around 8pm on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant closes at 10).
We ordered the lemongrass tofu then, which was not bad but not so special either, and not completely filling (if you're very hungry).
The atmosphere is quiet and relaxed.

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere , English menu

Cons: Small portions , A bit pricey

Jalus - Edit

We dined here last night.10/01 Truly a vegan place that should be supported by all vegans.
We had mixed platter, spinach home-made noodles roasted veg salad, blueberry smoothie and finished with Energy Ball and Mud Chocolate Cake.
My only criticisms are the croquettes on the platter were not. The Mud Cake would have been better not using sponge cake base it didn't melt in my mouth.
Jalus has changed some of their dishes, for the better.
They now have great cakes to takeaway for birthdays or any celebrations u might have 350,000d or 4000,000 dong.

Updated from previous review on 2016-01-11

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Owner speaks English, variety of western type foods

Great food. - Edit

Found by chance as very near our hotel (Golden Sun Villa Hotel).
Fantastic little place up stairs, so could be easy to miss if you are trying to find.
They are also selling non leather gifts, bags, and wallets made by locals.

The menu very extensive, lots of desserts to choose from, great drink range.
Food tasted fabulous, service was good. A little bit costly compared to what else is around, but worth it.

Nice decor, and lots of power points to charge your tech items - great for travellers.
Highly recommend that you make the effort to find this place.

Pros: Nice decor., Extensive menu., Love the chocolate cake

Cons: A little bit pricy

Jalus is 80% Perfect in every way - Edit

The interior of Jalus is beautiful. Wooden tables and chairs with artistic flairs of timber everywhere. There is a balcony overlooking the street below, but it gets really hot out there so I would suggest sitting inside.

There is a really wide variety of food ranging from Curries to burgers to pizzas to kombucha.
My girlfriend and I ordered the Breakfast tofu Omelet, and the curry. The food was so close to perfect.
Unfortunately, the omelet was a little too oniony and bland. The curry, however, was large and in charge (of flavour.)

The banana/choc smoothie was also so close to perfect. The flavour was there, and delicious, but it was hidden behind too much ice. Less ice, and this smoothie would give me symptoms of crack dependence.

We sat next to two ladies that had the Burger and Pizza, and they said it was very filling and delicious.

As well as being 80% there, the food is a teensy bit expensive for Vietnam.

That said, we sat here for a few hours and worked online and it was fantastic. Waiters are really friendly and the vibe is relaxed.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Wide range of food, Super yummy curry

Cons: Food is 80% perfect, A little expensive for Vietnam

Good vegan food and atmosphere! - Edit

Pretty decent place with a nice menu, for both food and drinks (many desserts too). The restaurant is eco friendly and has a really cute ambiance. The food could be improved with a bit more spice/flavour but it's pretty good.
As a vegan it's awesome being able to just order anything (even coffee milkshake and ice cream!) and just not have to worry about hidden dairy or egg!
It's definitely worth a visit but not as impressive as it may seem.

Pros: large menu, good location

Cons: lacks a bit of flavour

Expensive and mediocre - Edit

This was the closest vegan restaurant to my hotel and I first came here for dinner. They were out of the pizza and the burger, so I ordered the quiche and pasta. The pasta was fine but the quiche was dry and 'granola' with only a sweet chilli sauce to moisten/flavour it. Because of circumstances, I ended up coming back here more than I would have liked. The decor is pleasant and interesting. The vegan scrambled eggs (scrambled tofu) were a decent, tasty and well prepared breakfast, but the black bean burger and its equivalent sandwich were dry and lacking flavour. The pesto pizza was dominated by eggplant and was extremely oily to the point of being sloppy. The ice cream was too icy (almost gritty) and not creamy enough. While this place is reliably vegan with many familiar western favourites, it is also very expensive (with mains around VND100K). I understand this place is targeting an affluent market, including foreigners, but the food quality does not justify this price.

Pros: Pleasant decor

Cons: Very expensive, Food generally not very good

Great place! - Edit

Good service, nice deco and great food.
Had autumn spring rolls with walnuts as a starter and mango juice, chickpeas and potato curry with red rice as a main course. A lot of food and very tasty. Strongly reccomend this place. Very cheap. Good wifi and could charge our phones. :)

Pros: food and service

Cons: none

excellent !!! - Edit

Food is great and really fresh. Presentation of food and the service were amazing. I just wanted to try everything, specially the drinks (non alcoholic) and the teas. I will definitely come back here.

Pros: location, service, ambiance

Cons: not so cold drink (but it's ok), it was little warm but the waiter sat on an electr

OK - Edit

I was really excited to try this place out because of the reviews I have heard about it. I bring my carnivore family with me to show them how wonderful vegan food can be, but honestly the food was a bit disappointing. We ordered a pesto pizza, spinach pasta and bean burger, all were just average and a bit bland. I like the bread they make with whole wheat flour and the crust of the pizza but not much else.. Really like the atmosphere of the place, and I appreciate that they make healthy wholesome food but taste is also important.

Good western mix - Edit

Interesting mix of western-style food. Great pesto pizza. Green smoothie! Nice mixed platter. Good to get some wholewheat bread and beans and take a break from faux meats in a lot of other places - which are great, too, don't get me wrong...!

Pros: tasty food, lovely restaurant, nice atmosphere

Cons: opens too late for breakfast, smallish serves of some dishes

Delicious, totally worth a visit :) - Edit

Just got back from this great place and I can't wait to visit again!
I had the pesto pizza. It was probably the best pizza I've ever eaten and was the perfect size. There was one waitor there and he was so hard working and attentive. Great service!
It's a beautiful setting too :)

Pros: Great vegan pizza , Delicious

Very Good Food - Edit

Has we pass this Veggan restaurant while visiting the town, we decide to have a late lunch, it was nearly 2.30 and we were hungry.
After interring the alley from the street before going up, we were well received by the slimy young team. We quickly read the menU.
We order fresh veggies in rice paper and delicious peanut sauce, a nice portion of curry veg with pineapple and fresh soya bean, we also took a broccolis and rice with other stuff, it was interesting and tasty, big portion.
As food was good we say let’s try on more dish, my wife order a Quish with onion, soft soya curd and a great crust. We both have Hanoi tea, No Comment go try it…..
We end up with a frozen style soya cream dessert (special of the day) with maple syrup to share, it was delicious.
We must spend an hour 1/2 there it was relax and refreshing from the hot streets. People around us look like the wear doing some computer work while having drinks, most of others were eating.
The pleasant Owner was also doing her job to maintain good service as it was quiet full.
I don’t often eat vegan but it was a good change well-presented and tasty food, price was correct as we were satisfied. I have to say that since the last six days in Hanoi we only eat great food.

Enjoy your foodie trip

Disappointment! - Edit

I was so happy to find a vegan place in Hanoi and hated the results
We Ordered 4 dishes:
tofu burger which was ok, nothing more..
Pumpkin soup which was nice
Curry which was nice and flavorful
Spinach pasta- on the Manu its described as: spinach, mushroom, onion, garlic.. I got a big plate of bell pepper with spinach cream, when I asked to replace the dish as I don't eat peppers they told me: you didn't tell the waiter you didn't like pepper so you can't return it.
When I said the dish is not described with pepper on the menu they told me " we put many things in the dish that we don't describe in the menu like salt!!"
When I tried to explain that there were more peppers than spinach!! In the dish, they kept repeating that I didn't say I don't like pepper... There was no real understanding of the situation..
I paid obviously and the place is expensive( 95,000 dong for the pasta)and was very very disappointed!!

Pros: Location, Staff

Cons: Food, Management

Western Style - Edit

Great place in the old quater, various in western style vege dishes from pasta pizza burger to cake, donuts....

Pros: Delicious, Beautifull Place, Various Completely Vegan

Cons: close Too Soon For The Old quater (22h)

Highly recommend! - Edit

I loved this all vegan restaurant in Hanoi! It was delicious, and I enjoyed the modern decoration and design. All of the menu options include all of the ingredients. We need more restaurants like this :) I got the pumpkin burger (which was AWESOME) with the salad and "fries." My fiance got the red rice salad. We both loved our meals :)

Pros: Menu/food, Design/decoration, All vegan

Cons: Waiter did not speak English

Delicious! - Edit

Just enjoyed a great breakfast here. The omelette, pancakes, and banana chia seed smoothie were all freshly prepared and nicely presented. Service was friendly and fast. I'll be back again soon to sample the rest of their menu.

Great place! must visit! - Edit

We really liked this place! It's not without its faults, but overall, we thought it was a wonderful place, and would eat there every night if we were in Hanoi for longer.
The staff were super friendly, and our breakfast of scrambled tofu and smoothie was delicious!
We went back for an evening meal, and had the Tofu Veggie burger. I ordered normal potatoes with it, and my friend ordered sweet potatoes with it. We are pretty sure we got identical potatoes though- which let me be clear, are unfortunately NOT fries- they were more a kind of sloppy roast potato cut into strips (why can't they just make fries to go with a burger?)
The burger it's self was slightly undercooked, and REALLY soft, so squeezed out the sides after the first bite, but it was tasty.
My friend ordered a chocolate cake for desert, which was great, but I ordered a Ginger Cookie. Big mistake. It is very cheap (12,000) but what I got was a joke! It couldn't have been much bigger than a £2 coin! I get it didn't cost much, but seriously, why bother offering that? I actually laugh out loud when it was brought to me, dwarfed by the saucer it was presented on hahah!
It was rock solid too. BUT! Despite all that, I'd go back in a heartbeat, as it was a great place, great location, lovely balcony looking over the street, and loads of good looking things on the menu. I should have just sent the cookie back, but next time, I'll just enquire a bit more about each dish, and I'm sure it'd be fine! Please visit this place, as has good food, and as I understand, does some fine charity work!

JALUS vegan Hi Adam, this is Nga, Jalus manager. Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your opinion so that we can improve.
About the cookie, my staff has told me later that he made a mistake since we have 2 jars of cookies, one with smaller size to go with coffee complimetarily, which it's indeed no bigger than a £2 coin :) However the one for 12,000vnd is much bigger. I am so sorry for the mistake! We hope to see you again if you visit Hanoi in the next time :)
My warm regards

Great dining experience - Edit

Desperate for some vegan food, we found this place on tripadvisor. How lucky we have been! It is a bit out of the way of the old quarter party, but it is so worth it! My omnivor partner really enjoyed his vegan burger and energy drink, and I had their varied, balanced delicious platter and an Indian chai. Wow. Fresh beautiful spices! and they kept refilling our mayones! Intending to come there again if were in town.

AWESOME!! - Edit

Vegan travelers from California who are in the mecha of vegan food and I was so excited to find this place and try it. To say the food was incredible was an understatement!! Great atmostphere and some of the best vegan food I have had hands down!!

We had the sweet potato pizza, Jalus salad, Jalus platter, pumpkin cake, and chia seed pudding and it was all delicious!! The salad was incredible and unique! We ended up getting a pizza to go as well as we knew we would be hungry after bar hopping ☺️

Only thing I wish is that they served wine but when we asked if we could grab a bottle from across the street and bring it in they said absolutely!

Can't wait to post about this place in a FB traveling group I am a part of where there are over 35,000 members. I would never do that if I didn't think the food was amazing!!

Oh and for those that complained about the price of the platters ($5 per entree at the most-super cheap compared to where I am from) please consider the ingredients they are using! Fresh fruits and veggies are the cheapest always!

Pros: Great Food , Great ambience , Prices

Cons: No wine

Good food, nice setting - Edit

Past reviews said the pizza was really good, but we found it kind of disappointing. The Jalus platter was really good, though. Spinach pasta also good. Price is mid-range, but the type of food and ambience is very nice and different from your typical Vietnamese place. Worth a visit.

Pros: Good food, Nice place, Many choices

Cons: Slightly more expensive

Raw options, great wifi, superb food. - Edit

Food was fantastic, great service, nice music, friendly and attentive staff, superb around feeling. The place is subtlety scented with oils which really lifts the experience. The menu consists of western dishes, no Vietnamese food. Great wifi and good tables for working on laptop. Bright and modern interior. Loved it!

Pros: Raw food (and desert) options, Great atmosphere , Fast wifi

No good anymore - Edit

This place use to be pretty cool BUT
price has been risen, quality lowered, ( the food was cold, bad mixed) and service is awfull,

Pros: Quick

Cons: A lot : cold food, bad mixed, , Food look not very good

JALUS vegan Hi,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback to help us improve. I am sorry that you didnt have a good experience in your last time. Would you mind to be more specific when you said "bad mixed" and "awful service"? There are few things I wanted to tell you about the fact that our price has risen. After 3 months opened, I have added more imported ingredients that already have high price plus import tax. And step by step I have replaced commercial products to eco friendly and organic products. It's not just about the quality of my place but also I hope I can contribute something to improve our environment.
Secondly, about the cold food, please let me know which dish you ordered. There must be a mistake that day as we always cook after receiving orders. I would like to have you visit us again so that we can make a better visit for you. And if there is any thing I could do, please let me know!
Regards
Nga
Jalus owner and manager

Hausgemachte Gerichte, top Service und perfektes Ambiente - Edit

Das Jalus befindet sich im Obergeschoss eines Gebäudes in einer relativ ruhigen Straße des Hanoi Old Quarter. Das Interieur ist minimalistisch rustikal mit stimmigen dekorativen Akzenten und passt perfekt zu den angebotenen Speisen. Das Restaurant wurde wohl erst 2015 eröffnet und ist entsprechend gepflegt und unverbraucht. Die Speisekarte ist übersichtlich und bietet für jeden Geschmack etwas. Zu trinken gibt es frisch gepresste Säfte, sowie verschiedene Teesorten. Getränke der großen Konzerne sucht man vergebens. Zu essen gibt es unter anderem vegane Burger, Sandwiches, Pasta und einige andere Gerichte. Vorspeisen und Desserts lassen keine Wünsche offen. Geschmack und augenscheinliche Qualität waren hervorragend. Der Kellner war freundlich und zuvorkommend. Insgesamt entsprach der Service einem gehobenen westlichen Restaurant. Die Preise sind ungefähr doppelt so hoch wie in einem normalen vietnamesischen Restaurant (Getränk 30-40k dong, Speisen ca. 100k dong), liegen aber dennoch bei weit weniger als der Hälfte eines einfachen veganen Restaurants der westlichen Welt.

Pros: Frische Zutaten und Getränke, handgemacht, Auswahl

Cons: keine

Gorgeous food - Edit

The restaurant itself was very nicely decorated. Felt a bit too upmarket for me ha ha! The sweet potato pizza and pesto pizza were great and actually filling. A little on the expensive side (95k) but I think it's worth it. They have chocolate cake too ! And an amazing drink selection. even coffee with soy milk! seems hard to find here in Vietnam. Staff okay. Not overly friendly but not unfriendly either .

Pros: food, cozy place

Cons: expensive

look up and find this awesome cafe! - Edit

When I arrived I was the only person there, which made me a little dubious. But soon people filtered in and out.. With a balcony seating area you can sit and watch the busy street go by from the comfort of eating delicious food.
Found on the second floor, accessible through a small corridor alley, and up a flight of stairs. The pizza was amazing, and the staff very welcoming and positive!
Lots of books on offer to read if you have the time to wait and wonder.

Pros: fast service, balcony seating area, small selection of great food

Cons: slightly more expensive, empty - need to advertise better

beautifully decorated and super friendly staff - Edit

this all vegan café is located on the 2nd floor. it is beautifully decorated! you can also sit outside on the balcony. only western customers but i had nice conversations.
the staff is super nice, speak good english and will serve you free tea (delicious). the menu is quite extensive but a Little on the pricier side.

i ordered the potato Curry for 85'000 Dong and a mango-banana-something smoothie for 55'000 Dong. the potato Curry came in one of These plates that look like they're really deep but they're actually almost flat. so it Looks like you're gonna get a lot of Food while it's actually not that much. the Curry came with tasty red Rice. i loved the taste but my Curry was unfortunately only lukewarm.
the smoothie was delicious as well (with chia seeds and so on) but it was a Little bit too watery for my taste. i expected a thick smoothie but it was rather a Juice.

i have to admit, it's quite expensive but the Location is perfect, decoration is wonderful, staff is friendly, taste is good and it's vegan and homemade. I might give it another try later.

Pros: beautiful decoration, friendly staff, great location

Cons: expensive

non local food vegan - Edit

We tried Jalus on our first day in Hanoi because of good reviews on Happy Cow. I ordered the spinach pasta and my bf ordered potato curry. There is no local dishes here. The food is just ok, not tasty. Maybe we were spoiled with all the tasty local dishes we had in Hoi An and Saigon. Or maybe there is other good dishes here? Not sure. But next time we will head to only local dishes vegan place.we tried to find the menu they have of this place online but couldn't find any. Nice atmosphere though. Upper standard. If you want something more local and more streets, this is not the place for you. Price is a bit on a high side for Vietnam. Pasta was 100,000 Dong.

JALUS vegan Hi Pesto Monster
Thank you for visiting Jalus and I appreciate your feedback! I am sorry to hear that you and your partner did not have the best experience at our place.'
Here are a few things that I would like to explain to you:
First of all I have already stated here and on our facebook page that we serve Western style food, therefore it's totally understandable that you could not find vietnam food at Jalus.
Sauces are also homemade here. Secondly, I have been doing a lot of field research before and even now in Hcmc and Hoi An about vegan food and I firmly believe that there are NO vegan places making homemade pasta like us here. Maybe the food cost isn't much but it's time comsuming and I believe you understand homemade noodle is better!
And finally, we are located in one of the most expensive area in the country, and Jalus is right in the heart of the city. Living expense in Hanoi is about 20% higher than in Hcmc and more than 30% higher than in Hoi An. One of the fact that those working in food service in the north is aware of is that due to the weather, fruits and veg can not grow as easy as in the south. And a lot of fruits and veg we have to transport from the south.
I am sorry that you did not find the food tastes great. But if you could find any homemade pasta in the same area as Jalus less than 115,000vnd, please let me know!

Thanks again and kind regards
Nga Tran
Jalus founder and manager

Super nice owner! - Edit

We tried to go there on a monday (restaurant is closed on mondays and we did not know) - the owner was super nice! She offered us cake and recommended another great restaurant. The place looked amazing! Definitely recommend this place!

Hanoi vegan heaven - Edit

So excited to have found this place, thank you Happy Cow! The best vegan place I have found in Hanoi so far, in terms of being able to get an amazingly delicious three course meal. It is a little expensive. But only by Hanoi standards. I don't mind splashing when it is this good, in every way.

Pros: extensive menu, nice decor, very delicious

Cons: not cheap

Very nice vegan spot - Edit

Really a very nice vegan corner. Tasty food, nice place. The chocolate avocado mousse is very good. The salads amazing. Just one cons... not very generous serving, and maybe too expensive for what you get.

Pros: Good food, Nice place, Location

Cons: Price , Little servings

Breath of fresh air - Edit

After days in Cat Ba and Halong Bay where the food made me want to die this was like landing in heaven.

My partner and I got the Jalon set which had loads of dips, fritters, salads, roast veg to sample. We also split the sweet potato/tofu pizza which was so so delicious. Gorgeous glass of Hanoi tea to accompany and a nice restaurant with attentive staff and pleasant views and ambience.

And finally - chocolate mud cake. All vegan. Enough said.

Thanks, Jalus, for making our stomachs insanely happy after a few days lost at sea ;)

Pros: Attentive, fast service, Nice setting, Bangin food.

Cons: More expensive than other places

Great place - Edit

I very much enjoyed this restaurant, and ate there 4 times in my 5 days in Hanoi. The restaurant is very clean with a nice atmosphere and ambiance. The food was very fresh and had great flavours. I enjoyed trying the different options of unique dishes on the menu. My favourite was probably the Jalus salad, but also enjoyed the potato curry with red rice, and the black bean veggie burger was made from scratch and came on a nice whole wheat bun, which is a refreshing change from a lot of other veggie burgers I've had recently. The owner was extremely friendly and very tentative to customers. I would definitely recommend this place.

Pros: Many great options, Fresh and original flavours

Absolutely amazing. - Edit

One of the nicest vegan experiences I have had, especially in Asia. Creative dishes - delicately flavoured.I had a talk with the friendly owner who told me that they work with organic and local produce as much as possible (veggies from her families' farm). Comfortabel temperature, interior, nice music and good service.

Pros: Very friendly staff who speak English , Located 2nd floor (less street noise) , Food you won't get anywhere else in town

Cons: A little pricy for local standard, but absolutely

Yum! - Edit

Hidden away on the second floor of a skinny French style building this restaurant is a nice, cosy place where you can sit and watch the world go by. The food and service were great, I highly recommend you give it a try!

amazing food in a gorgeously decorated restaurant!! - Edit

My boyfriend and I came here after seeing on happy cow that this place opened just this month! We ordered the scrambled tofu breakfast and the sweet potato and tofu pizza, both were delicious and fairly priced. The watermelon juice and Hanoi tea were tasty too! Very attentive and friendly staff and lastly the place is decorated so beautifully! We will be back! :)

Pros: vegan menu , free wifi, greeted with a smile :)

Return to Hanoi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jalus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5624 times since Nov 2015.