Jajambao - Food Truck

( 1 review )

Mobile food truck serving vegetarian versions of local street snacks, such as buns and skewers. Check its facebook for location updates.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out only

1 Review

First Review by ouikouik

Jajambao - food truck - Edit

My omnivorous colleague tried and liked the jajam bun, and recommended that I try it too. I visited on another day and enjoyed a light, stand-up brunch of skewers and a bun.

Staff are happy to oblige if you come equipped with a reusable container. I brought a lunchbox along - the skewers were placed in the lunchbox but because the bun was only prepared later (while I was still using the lunchbox) it was ultimately served in disposable wrapping.

Besides the ufo mini pancakes and milk pudding, everything else is vegan (and allium-free). I have written to them via Facebook, asking them to consider making vegan-alternatives to the two items. Maybe with enough requests, they will?

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-10

Pros: Mostly vegan, Can communicate with staff in English via Facebook

Cons: Single-use, disposable packaging, Might not be enough for a full meal, Nomadic, not the healthiest of meals

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jajambao - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.