Jajaja - West Village

Serves modern Latin and Mexican vegan food including tacos, gorditas, plantain chips, nachos, chile relleno, churros, flan, and weekend brunch. Est. 2019. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-11:00pm, Wed 11:00am-11:30pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Latin

First Review by IsabelSchneck

VeganoSapien

Points +119

05 Sep 2020

Not enough food for the Bowl

Pros: Ample menu, Beautiful Place

Cons: No enough food for a bowl

ovaid

Points +334

11 Aug 2020

Hip mexican joint

Nice place, mexican cuisine, pretty decent

Pros: All vegan , Great service and staff

Cons: Pricey

jayluhx

Points +626

06 Jul 2020

Amazing food!!

Their Mexican street corn is a MUST. Nachos are amazing too but a little spicy for me. Still highly recommend!

thaissmile

Points +104

27 Apr 2020

FAVORITE RESTAURANT EVER!

Words cannot describe how delicious their food is! Everything about this place is 5 stars - food, ambience, location, staff... I’m tempted to say this is number one, favorite restaurant ever. Would absolutely fly to NYC to eat their churros as soon as I can 💚

ClintSevilla

Points +82

08 Feb 2020

Amazing Food - Excellent Service

The restaurant has a great atmosphere. I think it is great for a drink with friends/colleagues or a date night.

The food was amazing. The nachos were very large. The chorizo burrito was not too spicy and well balanced. The chorizos were very soft and warm, and the elotes (corn) were especially great.

The prices were pretty good for New York.

Pros: Great portions, Priced Well, Great for Non-Vegans

mrhymer18

Points +62

03 Feb 2020

Best Mexican Food

Haven’t tried everything on the menu yet. But everything I had was 🔥🔥

Pros: Get the Nachos!!!, Great food, Good price

Cons: Two locations in Manhattan

Andoolblu

Points +575

05 Jan 2020

La mejor comida vegana

Todo delicioso, los nachos son un imprescindible. Comida de mucha calidad.

Pros: Local , Comida , Precios

mmg

Points +115

29 Dec 2019

Amazing!!!!

Amazing vegan food! Great drinks! Beautiful place

Pros: All vegan, Fun, Pretty

BarrieM

Points +67

17 Dec 2019

Terrific

The veggie enchiladas and Mexican street corn were so good. The atmosphere is lovely.

kmau_

Points +500

12 Dec 2019

Amazing!

Absolutely amazing vegan Mexican restaurant! The dishes are delicious and unique. Vegan enchiladas were great, as was the Mexican corn side. The drinks are well thought out and tasty. 100% will go back.

FranciscoVazquez

Points +266

06 Dec 2019

Better than Mexico City’s vegan places

As a resident of Mexico City, I have to say that this place is better than all of the vegan restaurants over there, at least the ones listed in this app as of December 2018 -yes, I’ve gone to all of them.
I deducted one star because the service was incredibly slow. I had dinner on a Thursday between 10:00 and 11:30 (should have been 11:00 with a more decent service). Staff were friendly, nevertheless

Pros: Many options , Delicious, Open til late!

Cons: Slow service

wardrive

Points +122

04 Dec 2019

Last minute on a Friday night and they made my day.

This is a busy and slightly up scale establishment with out the fancy pricing. The staff was attentive and very helpful. Without reservations, we were politely asked if we were not going to be too long. I only wanted the nachos and my friend wanted a burrito. We both don't drink, so they sat us knowing that we won't be long. I got the mock fish tacos also at the last minute and they were very nicely done. But the star of the show was definitely the nachos. Just the right amount of spicy and I totally enjoyed it.

Pros: Lots to choose from

Cons: Nothing

katefall48

Points +121

02 Dec 2019

Great latin food

Beautiful place and food was really good. The desserts were especially great!

JJones315

Points +1157

Herbivore
30 Nov 2019

Another terrific branch of Jajaja!

Visited this spacious and comfortable Jajaja restaurant in the West Village on Thanksgiving and, gee, was I very thankful! The latest addition to the group, this spot has all the same great Mexican dishes as the downtown original. I also had a lovely, organic rose wine. The staff were super helpful and cheery (even though working on a holiday).

Pros: Great new location , Excellent 100% vegan , Moderately priced

prlady13

Points +633

24 Nov 2019

Delicious!

Loved our lunch here. The staff is friendly and the decor is cool, even liked the bathroom! We had the nachos, elote, side of rice, chorizo burrito, and barbacoa tacos. The barbacoa tacos were bland for my taste, but everything else was so delicious! For dessert, we had the flan and coconut cake, also very good. Lemonade was so tasty too. Looking forward to coming back here.

charlie-bird

Points +497

18 Nov 2019

Great vegan Mexican food

The food is really nice and a great vegan take on Mexican food.
The nachos were delicious and big! Lots of choices so it was hard to decide, but that's a good problem to have.

vegangyy

Points +351

25 Oct 2019

Great dinner spot

The environment in this place is awesome. I’ve had a couple dishes that I didn’t enjoy here but the burrito and tacos are always delicious! Brunch here is really good as well! It’s a pretty small spot so I wouldn’t go with a huge group but definitely good for small groups or couples.

Poundie

Points +2219

Vegetarian
29 Sep 2019

Great food, friendly staff

The food here is excellent, much like their place in Chinatown. This place is roomier and cozier than the Chinatown place, however, so it might be more suited for a party. On the other hand, the Chinatown Jajaja has takeout, and this doesn't. You can have a small bite of a pair of tacos for just 8 bucks here, or spend a bit more for a full meal.

Pros: Great tasting food , Healthy vegan options, friendly service, nice atmosphere

IsabelSchneck

Points +36

29 Sep 2019

Fun atmosphere, try the nachos!

The ambience and decor are very trendy and fun. Good music and great service. Enrique is one of the waiters and he was very friendly and helpful. Jajaja’s seitan chorizo is delicious - I recommend the nachos with chorizo and the chorizo tacos! The tacos all come in pairs for $8.

Pros: Nice decor and music , Great waitstaff, Chorizo

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jajaja - West Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.