Jaipur Palace

Contact 0161-2572525

346 Wilmslow Rd, Manchester, England, M14 6AB

A relaxed Indian vegetarian restaurant. Open Mon 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Thu 5:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering

First Review by arherron

A little gem - Edit

Very nice meal with excellent service. For starters I had the steamed colocasia leaf rolls (Patra), which were delicious. My main dish was the Bhindi (okra) masala, which was again delicious though a little oily for my liking. My husband had the Undhiyu, which unfortunately he wasn't keen on though I had a taste and thought it was very good. The menu is huge and a little overwhelming considering I'm not used to so many vegan choices (a huge plus, obviously!) We will definitely be returning as I'd like to try as many dishes as possible. I really enjoyed it, highly recommend.

Pros: Huge menu, Service with a smile, Good prices

so happy we stumbled upon this veggie palace! - Edit

Jaipur Palace is located a few minutes down the road from the famous Curry Mile and is found attached to the shabby Lansdowne "Hotel". We were pretty dubious about this place when we first entered, however, we were quickly blown away by the extensive all-vegetarian menu and the friendly and attentive owner's patient explanations of many of their unusual dishes. There were so many good recommendations that we couldn't decide between them and ordered far too much! Many dishes we tried were new to us but every one was mouthwatering and it was hard to choose a favourite. Can't remember most of the names but I think one of them was called Patra (steamed colocasia leaves rolled with a masala mix) it had a firm texture and was utterly delicious. Hubby had Malai Koftas and I had a curry with Aubergine and pomegranate. There were 8(!) types of daal to choose from; we tried the most unusual sounding one of course. We also went for one of the dosas (it was huge and came with a few accompaniments) Yes, it really was just the 2 of us! All of the other occupied tables were Indian families, which told us that this place is pretty authentic. And everyone was drinking mango lassis which made us very jealous - we'd already ordered beers when we realised what we were missing out on! Unsurprisingly I had about doubled in weight by the time we left but I was also ridiculously happy.

We do visit Manchester every few months to see family so will most definitely be making many repeat visits to work through the rest of the menu! I will be dieting profusely until then, so that I can gorge myself silly again on our next visit! Highly recommended!

Pros: friendly and welcoming staff, many vegan dishes, clearly labelled , not your typical westernised curry house

Cons: a bit out o the way from the city centre, a bit too far from home in general

Amazing, authentic food! - Edit

I went in a large group and we ordered a wide variety of things and it's fair to say that everyone was impressed! The food is so delicious and well spiced. I recommend this place for sure!

Pros: Authentic food

Cons: Slow service

Great Food - Edit

Great curry, the flavours are so lively. I can't fault the food at all. I was a bit disappointed that there were no vegan desert options, they were on the menu just not in stock. The staff are attentive, food was quick. The outside is a bit scruffy, the hotel doesn't looking inviting, inside the layout doesn't really work but it's not unpleasant.

Wonderful curry house - Edit

A really extensive menu, with vegan options clearly marked and plenty of them to choose from. Servings are pretty generous, so we actually over-ordered. It was very quiet, despite it being a Friday night, and we were served quickly by friendly staff. The food was so tasty, really nicely spiced. I'll definitely be back for more. The bread was especially amazing!

five stars! - Edit

Amazing menu with an eclectic range of dishes, certainly not your usual identikit curry house. Each dish was delicious and there is an abundance of clearly labelled vegan dishes - circa 75% of the menu I would estimate. Lovely staff, friendly atmosphere and considered decor. The prices are very reasonable. A brilliant find and perhaps now my favourite curry house in the UK after just one visit!

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jaipur Palace closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4609 times since Mar 2014.