Jai Thai

• Veg-friendly
Contact 0476-32-9191

Narita Airport Terminal 1 (at Pre-Security, 2nd floor food court, near observation deck), Narita, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Will alter a few dishes to suit vegans & vegetarians: pad thai noodles, and 3 curries. Just ask to substitute tofu for meat and leave out fish sauce. Address in Japanese: 千葉県成田市三里塚御料1-1.

Category: Thai, Non-veg

First Review by islandveg

vegetarians not welcome any more?!? - Edit

I just remembered why I stopped coming here... Used to be nice.

There was a sign that said 'vegetarians welcome' on the wall, but the sign was taken off. I guess we're not welcome any more...

Only one veg option - Edit

I don't know if the menu has changed since the other reviews were written but when I went there in April 2014 almost nothing on the menu could be made veg. The man at the counter spoke English but told me everything was pre-made with fish sauce and it couldn't be made without it (including the Pad Thai and curries). I couldn't see tofu on the menu at all. The only thing he could make was their crab rice without crab or fish sauce, which was essentially just white rice with green onion and bell pepper. It was better than nothing but it wasn't much.

I'd recommend going to the Lawson around the corner and grabbing a pre-made salad and rice ball for less money.

Cons: Only one vegan option, Everything has fish sauce

Vegan food is difficult to find - Edit

The airport offers many restaurant ALL of which serve mostly meat! So I was glad to find this food booth that was willing to cater to my vegan request. The server understand English. I ordered a pad Thai and asked to leave out meats, fish sauce, and MSG (know in Japan by the brand name "Aginomoto"). To my surprise, the pad Thai was quite tasty and not too salty. Tofu was used as subsitute for meat.

Cons: serves meat

Return to Narita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jai Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1407 times since Aug 2007.