CLOSED: Jai Jalaram Khaman

• Vegetarian

Contact 09-8455555

570, Sandringham Road, Sandringham (at St. Johns Road), Auckland, New Zealand,

Traditional Gujarati meals. Snacks, chaat, traditional meals. Thalis served after 5pm for around 10NZD. Offers 10 tables for seating. Note that some dishes may contain ghee so ask if you are vegan. JAN 2016 REPORTED SHUT. REPLACED BY ANOTHER EATERY.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by JesseD

Delicious and super friendly staff - Edit

I loved my visit to JJK! The food was super delicious and the owner well informed about the vegan options and super helpful to put together an awesome meal for the three of us. In the end, it was $22 in total - absolute bargain! Food was very authentic and I loved his passion about the food, telling us about how he makes it and how we should eat it. Strongly recommend this place!!

Pros: authentic, delicious, lots of vegan options

Authentic Indian - Edit

My favorite Indian restaurant in Auckland! The menu clearly labels vegan options and the food is excellent value for money. The dosas are amazing but also try the pani puri and khaman which are two of my favorites!

Pros: excellent food, great value for money

Good Gujarati food! - Edit

I found this place by chance on Sandringham Rd (quite a long way from the city centre), and ordered a large Thali. It was a very authentic Gujarati Thali (plate of small servings of a few different curries, Dahl, rice etc), flavoursome and all round a good meal for the price. They were happy to leave out dishes with milk/ghee. Since Krishna Krupa seem to have permanently closed, I think this is probably the best vegetarian Indian restaurant I know of in Auckland.

Pros: cheap, large meal, vegan-friendly

Cons: far from city centre

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Jai Jalaram Khaman closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1903 times since Dec 2009.