Jai Ho

• Veg-friendly
Contact 813-971-9000

2311 E Fowler Ave, Tampa, Florida, USA, 33617

Serves meat, vegan options available. Might have been vegetarian originally, but reported now has meat (2016). North Indian and South Indan food. Moved here in 2015 from 1251 E Fowler Ave.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Indo-Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by beanspud

Excellent service, delicious food - Edit

The lunch buffet was amazing and flavorful, and while it wasn't immediately easy to tell what was vegan, the vegetarian host as we walked in was incredibly helpful once I asked them about what I could eat as a vegan, and pointed out everything I shouldn't eat and why. They even offered to have the kitchen make something else vegan specifically for me if I was interested in a dish off of the regular menu! This place will definitely be a favorite for me in Tampa.

Go for the baingan (eggplant) especially. This is some of the best I've had, perfectly spice-crusted.

Huge menu - tasty food - Edit

No complaints here! The food was good.
What impressed us most though was just the size and variety of the menu. The menu is enormous and they have a mix of both north and south indian dishes, and even an indian asian fusion section. They had a whole page of all different kinds of pakoras!

Such friendly staff! - Edit

My husband and I recently went there and when we asked the waitress what items were vegan, she wasn't able to answer, but immediately got one of the owners for us. She was SO friendly and able to answer all of our questions. The food all came out with sauces, but it was obvious which ones had dairy/yogurt in them, and the owner was happy to tell us what was in each item. We had Veggie Samosas, Cabbage Pakora, Masala Dosa, and Veg Fried Rice - all of which exceeded our expectations big time! We ordered so much because we expected the servings to be small, judging by the prices... boy, were we wrong! The Dosa came out on a large serving platter and was hanging off on both sides! We'll definitely be ordering less next time, but it'll be hard because everything was so good!!

Pros: friendly helpful staff, delicious food, family atmopsphere

Cons: a little slow service

Very tasty, slightly ambiguous about dairy - Edit

First looked at the menu on their website to discern what was not prepared with dairy, it helpfully labels dishes prepared with ghee. Sauces in little bowls come with most dishes, and these may contain dairy if you don't make it clear you do not want it, even if you order a dish that is dairy free. The dosa and rice are very good vegan options. The curries have a dairy base. I wish there was an easier way to ensure you will not be served dairy, but the food quality makes it worth wading through the confusion of not being served dairy. The value was good, and water was delivered frequently. I would advise taking a look at the menu online, because the choices are numerous. The atmosphere is cozy, mostly booth seating.

Pros: excellent food, good value, frequent water

Cons: difficult in eliminating dairy

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jai Ho closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3596 times since Oct 2012.