Jagannath na Kurskoj

Contact 495-917-1262

24/30 Ulitsa Zemlyanoj Val (at Metro Kurskaya), Moscow, Russia,

Offers vegetarian (lacto) and some vegan dishes (vegan in Russian is same as English) in Indian style. Cafe setting. Music, cultural events, no smoking, no alcohol. Previously called Jagannath-3. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, International, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Vitalina

Decreasing quality - Edit

I used to like food in Jagannath, but this place keeps loosing my respect.

There's too few vegan dishes, somewhy they use a lot of cheese everywhere. I didn't even find tofu in nori and chickpea claire, but there were adygei cheese cooked this way. It looked a lot like tofu (it's white and has same texture) so if not for label color I wouldn't have noticed that.

Somewhy they added it into vegetable dish to broccoli, cauliflovers and eggplants. I though that it's tofu at first, but, well, thank god I asked whether it's vegan. Had rather poor lunch that time.

Also they have awful-looking raw olivie.

The store they have is so expencive! I wouldn't buy something for such prices. However, they sell vegeterian cards for 100 roubles. That thing worth buying. You can register it online and then have discounts in a whole bunch of vegeterian and vegan shops and cafes in Russia.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-24

Pros: Good seasoning of dishes

Cons: Too much of milk and cheese, Expencive shop

Jagannath na Kurskoj - Edit

I and boyfriend are regular visitors of this cafe. We visit it 1-2 times a week. Located next to the metro, there is a shop (expensive products), the food is very tasty, there is always a choice for vegans (see the green price tags). Cozy place in the Indian style.

Pros: food, convenient location

Return to Moscow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jagannath na Kurskoj closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.