First Review by VeganCal

Road trip from Whitby - Edit

Staying in Whitby during a weekend retreat and after consulting with my trusty happy cow, my Wife and I got on the road and drove over to Saltburn to visit Jadoo.

Upon arrival I explained that I was vegan and the waiter talked me through some suggestions but said most dishes he could have prepared vegan friendly, even tikka masala although I have no idea how.

We started with some poppadoms and chutney tray and I could have everything apart from the mint dip and then for main I had a vegetable Jalfrezi and my wife who is non vegan had a chicken tikka masala. They also serve Cobra which is vegan friendly I believe.

Overall we were both really pleased and it was worth the trip :)

Pros: Good variety, Cobra beer, Nice decor

Cons: No vegan desserts, Probably didn't have soya milk

Brilliant curry - Edit

Very accommodating for vegans - the menu even says to ask staff to assist you with vegan options.
I started with poppadoms, and three of the four pickles were vegan (I was with omni friends so I didn't ask them to change the yoghurt dip for something else).
I had a veggie achari, which was beautiful, full of flavour. The pilau rice was well prepared too.
Friendly accommodating staff and gorgeous curry, thoroughly recommended.

Pros: Great food, lots of choice, Friendly, flexible staff

Cons: Inconsistent opening hours - call ahead!

Return to Saltburn By The Sea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jadoo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.