Jackfruit Cafe

818-694-3050

2959 Crenshaw Blvd, Los Angeles, California, USA, 90016

Small vegan cafe located inside a donut shop, specializing in using jackfruit in dishes, such as tacos, chili, curry, sandwiches and others. Has cauliflower chicken bowls, salads, soups, a burger, and more. Uses cauliflower to make different flavors of nuggets as well as a pizza base. Est. Sep 2017. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion

First Review by missesrain

First time visit - Edit

The jackfruit cafe is actually inside the donut shop. I was a little concerned because it's a donut shop and a vegan cafe in one. After speaking with the owner and watching as she cooked and prepared my food my worry went away. She was very nice. I was looking forward to trying the Jackfruit Soul Platter but it was only tacos today. I was okay with that cause I would've tried those my next visit. The food was really good and I loved the pinto and I normally hate pinto beans.

Pros: I don't have to try far to get a vegan dish and th, you can get lotto tickets

Cons: small parking lot.

Amazingly healthy, delicious, real food that is thankfully vegan - Edit

Truly humble, this fabulous new addition to West Adams/ Mid City is hiding in an unassuming little donut shop.
I am extraordinarily blessed to live in a neighborhood with close proximity to this gem of an establishment. So many vegan spots seek to emulate meat with unhealthy, highly processed foods that leave me... empty.

Jackfruit Cafe is truly unique. The food is phenomenally delicious, with creative use of spices and flavors, cleverly sneaking loads of fresh fruits and veg into things that are drool inducing.... while being served in traditional and easily recognizable dishes such as "meat"loaf and carnitas-
dishes that are reminiscent of things our mothers and grandmothers would have made (if we are lucky enough to have them.)

And!!!!!!! huge bonus!!!! They have the craziest most extremely delectable smoothies I've ever tasted- from India to Italy to LA, no joke- you can die happy after you've tried the smooth blend of bliss- Im talking the kind of creation that will justify your faith in the goodness of humankind. Ask for the pineapple and jalapeno blend, you can thank me later
There is absolutely nothing else like Jackfruit Cafe, anywhere.
Worth driving the 405 from OC to LA- what more needs to be said!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy, Easy Parking

Cons: There should be like 200 more, in every state

angelameans 12 Sep 2017 - Awwwww, Thank you for your kind words that took my breath away. I'm humbled and equally as grateful. Hope to see your beautiful, Julia Roberts, face soon. xo

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jackfruit Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.