First Review by mark m braunstein

not vegan - Edit

Called to place an order tonight and asked if the burgers were vegan. The girl on the phone said yes. After eating the burger I stopped in to get fries (I had a change of mind) and was standing behind a girl who asked if the burger was vegan and "Little Jack" replied that they were not since they had egg in them. I expressed my displeasure since I just ate one and his response was "well, I don't see why that's my problem"

Basically, staff is clueless and and rude when pointed out of their mistake.

Cons: not vegan

WARNING: its "vegan" mock meats contain EGGS! - Edit

WARNING: A vegan friend has eaten at its other restaurant in Storrs/Mansfield with the same menu as here. He informs me that their so-called vegan mock meats contain EGGS, yes eggs, which he pointed out to the management, but which blunder he says the management as of January 2013 has yet to address by changing its claims of vegan on its menu or website.

Pros: none

Cons: EGGS in the vegan mock meats

mark m braunstein 14 Jan 2017 - As of 2016, they have replaced the word "vegan" with the word "vegetarian" on its menu. But as the two reviewers in 2016 above attest, the staff are still stuck in the 20th century and still confused about the tenets of veganism.

Return to Old Saybrook Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jack Rabbit's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.