Jack and the Beanstalk

010-9539-0365

Haneulchae Apartment complex, Namcheon 2-dong, Suyeong-gu, Busan, South Korea, 517-11

Eco-friendly vegan restaurant in Busan serving western style as well Korean fusion vegan cuisine. Makes superfood salads, veggie burgers, steak, burritos, pizza, pasta, green smoothies, detox juices, and more. Uses local, organic brown rice and more healthful oils like sunflower and coconut oil. Last orders at 8pm. At front is a small retail area selling packaged food products. Previously located at 72, Namcheonbada-ro. New location is smaller; calling ahead recommended - can pre-order and reserve tables. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Western, Take-out, Fusion, Korean

First Review by veggieisland

lovely staff with great extensive menu - Edit

The best burrito Ive ever tasted. Also the fake meat on the bipimap was the best I've had. Many food options

Excellent Little Restaurant - Edit

I have already been there about 5 times in the past 2 weeks, I can't get enough of the falafel burgers. The price is great and it leaves you full for hours!

Best vegan food in Korea! - Edit

I had the pizza, "chicken", and spicy burger!
It was so filling! Also, the smoothies are delicious.
The staff couldn't be nicer.
You must eat here, no matter how short your trip is in Busan.

Pros: best vegan food in Korea, tasty, delicious, filling, homey, personalized touch

Valentine's Day treat :) - Edit

My boyfriend surprised me by coming here. We had to try so many things I was so excited! Great cutlet, burrito & veggie burger! + green & blueberry smoothies :)

Blueberry Smoothie - Edit

A short walk from the popular Gwangalli beach. Enjoyed the burgers. My favourite though was the blueberry smoothie. Yummm!

So Good - Edit

Took my meat eating boyfriend to this place tonight and he ordered the verge burger. He said it was the best burger he's ever had. I got the burrito and its one of the best i've had. We also had a kale smoothie and blueberry smoothie. So good to eat alive food again as it can be pretty difficult to eat organically in Korea! If I'm in the area again i will be back to try some of the other delicious-looking items i didn't get to. Price is reasonable for quality of food although not as cheap as Korean restaurants in general.

Pros: Amazing Food, Great Service, Free tea

Best Restaurant in Korea! - Edit

This is my Korean heaven! I am so lucky to have found this restaurant after struggling through out my time living in South Korea to find fresh and organic vegetarian and vegan food. The owner is hard working, passionate about vegan food, and extremely kind. I am now volunteering here for 5 weeks through the WWOOF Korea program and LOVE everything about it!!! It is very close to Gwangali beach so I recommend ordering a vegan burger or burrito and smoothie to go and enjoying a beach side vegan meal : )

Also- Jack and the Beanstalk will be open over the chuseok holiday 9/26, 9/27 and 9/29! It will just be closed on Monday like usual.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 13, 2015

Jack and Beanstalk - Edit

I had the veggie burger which was really delicious, I highly recommend it. However, its very very tiny, but the price is also very low. I recommend getting it with another dish.

I also ordered the ratatouille. It was so delicious and flavorful and served with a side salad that was also good.

The staff here was very kind.

Pros: Price, Service, Atmosphere

Cons: Location, Serving Size

great for Busan. - Edit

We went here twice during our stay in Busan. It was good for western style food- The steak in particular was AMAZING. The woman running it is very adorable, but since she;s a one woman shop, you get one dish at a time. This would be weird for a group, because one person could easily finish their dish before others even got theirs. Overall though, very good food and a cute place.

Pros: good food.

Cons: one dish at a time. really slow.

A big let down - Edit

I'm going to go against the trend here. I don't understand the rage about this place. Such a disappointment. We went to Jack and the Beanstalk with great excitement as it has consistently received good reviews.

The food was uncreative and sad. We ordered three items from their menu, an burger, a creamy pasta and air fried chips. First of all, the air fried chips were not air fried and was not even close to the photo they posted on FB (reference: http://on.fb.me/1JG3vTF). What we received was store bought frozen fries, the thick crinkled kind, that was not fried properly. Not even crispy on the outside. It was sad.

The Creamy Pasta is more like a creamy spaghetti soup. The pasta was literally soaking in a sea of sauce. The sauce itself was delicious, but there was just too much of it.

The Burger was dull and boring. It's hard to explain, but it lacked that burger 'X-Factor' Store bought patty, upon a store bought bun, with store bought mustard and some very sad looking iceberg lettuce.

The owner Sophia was REALLY friendly and nice. But thats about the only thing that was consistent from the reviews.

Understand that this is not a gourmet restaurant, but with its high reviews from the community, I would expect a lot more. This place needs improvement. Would not go out of the way to go there.

Let me know if you experience the same experience, or it was just a bad day for us! :)

delicious vegan food! - Edit

We were dilighted to find this place since it is not easy to find vegetarian food in south korea. The vegan air fried chicken and the vegan steak were delicious, there is nothing that could have been better. The coconut-lemonade is also very good. You can also buy some vegan snacks like chocolate and instantnoodles at this place and the staff speaks english. Don't miss it :)

Pros: staff speaks english, delicious, vegan

best vegan restaurant in the known universe? - Edit

Amazing fresh food all organic and bought from the farmers. Sophia is a vegan angel and will make you feel welcome and at home the moment you step inside. The food is fantastic and is served lovingly. One of the best vegan restaurants I've been to!

simply delicious and healthy - Edit

tasty food, funny and friendly people!

the burger is so delicious and fresh, good for a snack anytime,
the steak is so juicy and moist, unlike the usual vegan processed food
they are all hand made in the restaurant, and so the quality is just in a different scale.
cream pasta... hmmm creamy.. yum! can't believe it's vegan, it's better than the usual one i get in normal restaurants.

tasty, organic, gmo free, what else do i want?

if everyone tried vegan food tastes this good, there will be less people eating meat :)

Friendly owner, great smoothies - Edit

We enjoyed everything we ate. It was our first time trying air-fried veggie chicken. We talked with the owner for a while and she was very sweet. The prices were a little higher than some other places, but she was very ingredient conscious and the food was freshly prepared.

Pros: Smoothies, Nice, bright space, Friendly owner

Personal touch - Edit

After four months in Busan I'm sad to leave Sofia and her colleagues. Jack and the Beanstalk is a very special place in Busan. A little gem that makes you feel home away from home.

The food is delicious and there are many options so you won't get bored. Also, you can buy a small selection of organic and vegan food to take home like nuts, cereal and chocolate.

Honest and Yummy dishes! - Edit

We can meet here not only friendly staff but also honest and yummy dishes. The chef, Sofia, who is very energetic, kind, and positive, has lots of experience and much infos about vegan recipes. Furthermore, she always takes so much care of ingredients and hygiene she use only organic ones and clean them with vinegar. Also she doesn't spare any ingredients. When I ate vegan Ramen here, I was surprised that it had lentils which is very expensive in Korea. In addition, she use organic and best ingredients. The price is reasonable, and the traffic is very easy to find~^^
It is my best restaurant I ever visited~

Pros: Full vegan foodies, Organic and clean ingredients, friendly staff

the best of the best - Edit

The dishes here are amazing based on organic ingredients and taste.
It is not loving hut although it sells some loving hut products. Sophia who is the owner of this restaurant makes sauces for burger and other dishes by herself. I esp loved tufu lentil steak and burger. Smoothies are wonderful too. The staff here are so friendly and kind. Wonderful,amazing and delicious place.

Pros: excellent food, organic and eco friendly ingredients, friendly staff

The Best Food In Busan! - Edit

This place was incredible! They make the BEST burger I have had since going vegan ten years ago. It is easy to find, cozy, and the staff are wonderfully friendly! They really care about the quality of their food and its impact on the environment, and so if you want a healthy place to grab a bite where the food tastes AMAZING than this is your place.

The food isn't cheap, but nor is it expensive- they use GMO-free and organic ingredients and so you are paying for quality. Well worth it.

Pros: Great Staff, Delicious + Healthy Food, Cozy Atmosphere

Cons: Moderate Price (but worth it!!)

Return to Busan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jack and the Beanstalk closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.