Japanese

Vegan Japanese restaurant offering sushi and hot dishes. Open since July 2019. Open Mon 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm. Closed Tues.

First Review by AlexHoare

sparrowdarkness

Points +26

11 Feb 2024

So yummy

I've never eaten Japanese before due to the lack of vegan options. This was amazing. We had the biscoff desert and a chicken don of some sort. Will be back

nikhui

Points +171

28 Jan 2024

The best vegan Japanese

Really authentic, delicious Japanese food and lovely service.

kimmyeats

Points +347

15 Jan 2024

Amazing, one of the best restaurants on the Gold Coast!

My partner and I have tried most of the menu in our few visits to the Gold Coast, we are never disappointed, everything is so delicious! I especially love the vegan version of yakitori, better than any actual chicken I've eaten in my life!

hcdelamusique

Points +35

15 Jan 2024

So delicious, will definitely come again when on the GC

While we initially waited a while to be given a table, they made a spot for us outside, which we were informed wasn't available. Such delish food !! We had the desserts, which were also divine. We had 2 mains (pictured) and also okonomiyaki for entree along with 2 plum wines and two desserts for $120.

Pros: Friendly service, Insanely delicious food, Nice vibe

Cons: Had to wait a couple of mins to be seated

aaron_mc

Points +171

12 Jan 2024

The best

Good selection of meals that are all great everytime I go to the Gold Coast I stop in and always take sushi away with me

vincelog

Points +35

14 Dec 2023

We’ve been going there for years!

Very clever plant-based versions of many Japanese dishes..

Pros: Service, Menu , Delicious

KatieMoore2808

Points +38

11 Dec 2023

Loved it!

We loved everything about this place. All those delicious Japanese choices but vegan! Flavours were on point and of course the staff were also amazing

Pros: Sushi, Tofu, Desert

Cons: Pricey

AJ_vegan_AUS

Points +230

03 Dec 2023

Amazing every single time

Super fresh, tasty, one of the best vegan restaurants on the Gold Coast

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, Creative dishes

EethanPaterson

Points +44

27 Nov 2023

Great place to dine

Very delicious food to choose from
Wanderful staff and service

Pros: Super tasty , Lovely service

Robsenga

Points +39

11 Nov 2023

Superb and great value

Always visit when heading this way. Unfortunately over an hour away from home. Love the food and such friendly service.

Pros: The food taste and presentation , Friendly efficient service, Great value

Cons: Too far away from my home

Steph.veganmovement

Points +112

13 Oct 2023

The best vegan restaurant ever

This is the best restaurant in qld. I drive 1.5 hours to come here all the time! Everything is delicious. The ramen is next level. Highly recommend!

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-13

Pros: Food flavours , It's stuff you can't cook at home , The kindest staff

Neth

Points +496

30 Sep 2023

Amazing Japanese food

Fresh! Very creative dishes that I haven't really had before! I liked the Katsu and Karaage. The gyozaholic was a bit overrated. The staff were really friendly and made us feel welcome!

theniffer

Points +88

14 Sep 2023

Yummy food in a cute venue

My family had a great dinner at this venue, highly recommend.

Pros: Menu , Ambiance

Cons: Location

vegan louise

Points +578

03 Sep 2023

We can’t wait to go again!

The food was amazing, the service was excellent!

Pros: So tasty, Excellent service, Dog friendly

Kyliewood

Points +894

16 Aug 2023

Delicious Japanese food

The food at Izakaya Midori has always been good and since it changed hands with a couple of new menu items and improved service has us coming back a couple of times a month. Have taken non vegan family who wouldn’t consider vegan food and their minds and taste buds were blown right open, very impressed. With a bar, tasty food and a bit of ambience it’s a definite restaurant to take friends and family.

MiaCohen

Points +867

26 Jun 2023

Big wow!!

So frigging good!!! It's honestly so amazing to get to eat some of my childhood favourite meals here - most of which I haven't had since going vegan! The food came out fast and the menu had a nice selection of dishes. All food consumed was yum - deffs give this place a visit!!!

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-26

EveAmelia

Points +49

04 Jun 2023

Way too good!

Everything was really sensational

Pros: Everything was a vegan option, Everything we had from the menu was outstanding, I can definitely recommend the eggplant entree!

Cons: N/A, N/A, N/A

JeanGabrielle

Points +22

14 May 2023

The hunger

Wonderful food- it was delicious. But we did wait longer than an hour for our mains. They were doing a lot of uber eats and takeaway, and it didn't seem like any food was making it to the floor.

I would come back, but not at a busy time. The wait was a bit much.

jgalyer

Points +44

04 May 2023

Cute little restaurant

Super cute place, the staff are so lovely ❤️

The food… is incredible! Delicious, fresh, surprising. Prices are average and the food is definitely worth it!

Can’t say I’ve had anything on their menu I didn’t love!

Pet friendly too! They quite often have vegan dog treats which is a lovely touch.

Pros: Amazing, inventive food, Lovely atmosphere and staff, Well priced, lots of parking

ellevalso

Points +40

20 Feb 2023

Delicious Vegan Japanese Food!

We loved this restaurant. Coming from Melbourne, we didn’t think we find such delicious food. Must try!

Pros: Great options

Cons: Some items were expensive, but worth it

DeepakBawa

Points +24

Vegetarian
03 Jan 2023

One of the bests

Best vegan food. Kids finished the plate as soon as it arrived. #Veganuary

Pros: One of the best Vegan food, Kids loved it

Jyd

Points +82

17 Dec 2022

Friendly staff, decent food

Great food, bit pricey for the quality

There are many Japanese restaurants around the area so for “good” Japanese the benchmark is pretty high.

They do well in providing an authentic vegan Japanese experience, the staff are super friendly

FrostWolfLost

Points +26

12 Dec 2022

Cheekily spectacular hidden gem.

Delicious, beautiful, lovingly presented dishes that play with your taste buds.

Pros: Affordable , Lots of options , Great friendly service.

DelboyWilson

Points +151

05 Nov 2022

Outstanding out-of-the-way surprise

The breezy and considered setting and the excellent service draw you into a Japanese vegan heaven. Every dish was amazing and there’s lots of gluten free options too.

Updated from previous review on 2022-11-05

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Lots of gluten free options

Zar-El

Points +23

Vegetarian
05 Nov 2022

A wonderful experience

Friendly service, amazing food, great vibe and great gluten free options too! Worth travelling for.

JenGallagher

Points +324

22 Oct 2022

Divine!

If you love Japanese food this place is amazing!! So yummy. We ordered sushi and gyozas. Great for sharing. Huge serves and we were really full. The flavours are perfect and taste of Japan. Really nice traditional green tea as well. It is definitely my favourite!

Amyhingee

Points +84

14 Oct 2022

Beautiful food

We had the miso soup and 2 don dishes. Fresh salad and tastes all around. The catsu and teriyaki tofu were delicious. Great service as well.