It's Tofu

Contact 801-566-9103

6949 S 1300 E, Cottonwood Heights, Utah, USA, 84121

Serves meat, vegan options available. Korean food menu with many tofu-based dishes. Some dishes, like bibimbap and Korean stews, come in vegetarian versions when requested (marked with green leaf). Vegans to check for shrimp/fish paste. Casual dress and moderately priced. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Ovo, Asian, Korean, Non-veg

First Review by kzollman

Good Korean food - Edit

My lunch here was very tasty. I was concerned when the server initially told me that they had no vegan options. Upon further discussion and looking through the menu, he was able to make some recommendations. The vegetarian options are clearly marked, and most of those dishes can be made vegan. I asked about fish sauce, shrimp paste, and the whole list of questions to be sure, and settle upon ordering a 'Hot Stone Pot with Mushrooms' (and no egg). It was a hot bowl full of rice, veggies, mushrooms, that I mixed together before eating. The hot bowl it is served in cooks the rice and veggies as you stir. On the side were 4 small dishes containing, radishes, kimchi, potatoes, and cucumbers. The meal was beautiful and delicious. The server was patient and attentive, but the restaurant was extremely slow. I was the only customer for about half the time I was there. The interior of the restaurant is nicely decorated.

Pros: Veg options marked on menu, Nice interior, Tasty food

Cons: Staff was patient, Vegan choices not marked

Good food, mediocre service - Edit

This Korean restaurant is definitely more vegetarian friendly than most Korean restaurants I've visited. They have several vegetarian versions of many standard Korean dishes.

The food is good, although perhaps not exceptional. The portions are very large and tasted excellent. The bibimbap bowls where not as hot as I'm used to -- the rice didn't really brown quickly along the sides.

The one time we went the service was not particularly good. Our appetizer never arrived, despite being told "it will be right out." The waiter walked by all the time, but hardly ever looked in our direction.

The decor is clean and nice, although nothing special. The restaurant is located in a strip mall. Overall, I would recommend the restaurant, although I would hope the service improves.

Pros: Many vegetarian options, Good tasting food

Cons: Service

Return to Cottonwood Heights Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has It's Tofu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 779 times since Mar 2014.