CLOSED: It's Indian Cafe Veggie Meals

• Vegetarian

Contact 847.599.9995

401 N Route 21 Ste 20, Gurnee, Illinois, USA, 60031

Casual cafeteria style setting. Specializing in home-style South Indian food in combination platters. Also menu with Indian fast food. 2015 WEBPAGES NO LONGER.

Category: Indian, Buffet, Fast food

First Review by Zip

Delighted with Its Veggie Meals - Edit

We were delighted with Its Veggie Meals. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating and the restaurant was neat and clean. The food fit one of our party's delicate palate well. The food is mildly spicy but can be adjusted to one's spicier taste. The menu is not large but the portions were good-sized and the prices very reasonable.
The Masala Dosa was perfect and the Idli and various curries were well seasoned and fresh.
The Sambar was excellent!
Staff assured us that they would be switching over to china and metal flatware instead of foam and plastic ware next week.
Great place to get a quick, inexpensive, and tasty vegetarian Indian meal.
We will definitely return.

Pros: Tasty food, Pleasant staff, inexpensive

Cons: plastic ware and foam plates

A Gem - Edit

This restaurant has really evolved into an amazing little gem. I grew up on Indian Food, but they have created dishes using local produce that are unique, fresh and homemade daily. On top of that they charge very little for their food. Don't be put off by the plastic utensils and plates - try it....we eat there about 3 times a week.

Pros: great tastes, homemade, fresh daily

Cons: plastic utensils , paper plates

fun to try it! - Edit

I went here with some co-workers for the lunch buffet. It was fun to come with a large group to see how everyone liked and reacted to the Indian food. It's rare for the Midwest suburbs, so this was something different for us.

The selections had a bit of a kick to them, but they weren't too spicy for me, and I prefer things really mild. People who like hot foods would perhaps find it all too mild, but it was just right for me.

Some entrees seemed a little overcooked, almost to the point of becoming mushy.

Pros: fun to try new foods, not too spicy for me

Cons: overcooked?

Return to Gurnee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: It's Indian Cafe Veggie Meals closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2187 times since Feb 2010.