CLOSED: iTeach Cafe

( 1 review )

Krovan Street K17, Trapeangses Village (at Charming City), Siem Reap, Cambodia, 17253

Dutch pancakes, coffee, tea, salads, fried vegetables, french fries. Specialty is Dutch pancakes (not vegan). Macs for rent with hi-speed fiber net. Printing & fax. Free/paid web design/dev't classes. Free Wi-Fi. Aug 2014 confirmed open. Confirmed closed, Aug 2014.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Dutch

1 Review

First Review by vegemitarian

iCook iTeach - Edit

My boyfriend and I found this place on Happy Cow, which is our first checklist of veggie hotspots. The place looks cheerful and happy, all bright colors, orange and white. So, while we're looking at the menu, this BIG woman sort of rolls up and just glares at us. We guessed maybe she doesn't speak English, or maybe most of her customers don't?? Anyway, we ordered some "Dutch Pancakes" with fruit. I asked her if she was from Cambodia, and she took my menu and said loudly, "Phillip!" and waddled away. So is her name Phillip or is it a rude question? I thought maybe she was calling someone named "Phillip" who could maybe speak English to us?? Later I heard the waitress speaking a language that did not sound like Cambodian. Ok. So first advice about the iTeach staff: don't ask where they're from. Bottom line: cheerful decorations do not guarantee friendly staff. The pancakes arrived promptly, I'm not complaining - it's great when service is prompt - but I sort of got the impression that it was a little too fast, if you get my drift. So, I'm not sure why the place is called "iTeach" but I am also afraid to ask anymore questions. Maybe it's "iTeach you that I'm not Cambodian!" Always look for the "silver lining." The pancakes were not "fluffy," so either Dutch pancakes are not fluffy or the cook forgot the baking powder. You might want to buy a sharp knife when you get off the plane because restaurants here in Siem Reap don't have sharp knives, and you might need to saw into a Dutch pancake at some point.

Pros: Cute orange and white decor., Happy pictures on the walls., Spick and Span, and new-looking. place

Return to Siem Reap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: iTeach Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.