Itaca

Via Andrea Mantegna 2, Padua, Italy, 35121

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern-looking pizzeria in Padova's historical center. Has vegan menù listing 4 choices. Open Tue-Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm, Tue-Sun 6:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by AdaLP

A precious find - Edit

I love that place. The setting is very airy, high ceilings, lots of windows. Luigi welcomes you warmly and is on the right side of charming. He truly lifts the place up. The place is nice in itself, no question, but Luigi adds a special Italian touch to it. I started my meal with a Bloody Mary, perfectly executed, accompanied by little snacks, all vegan. I then had a salad made of perfectly fresh ingredients; Luigi brings the olive oil and balsamic vinegar to the table. He brought me a little piece of calzone filled with scarola (a type of salad) as a taster; it was gorgeous. A while later, I carried on with a simple pizza with smoked mozzarella. It was near perfect, with lovely little black olives. Almost like those pizzas you get in Naples. He answered all my questions very graciously about the vegan cheese they use (made by the son of the boss). He himself is traditional and think 'vegan' is a fashion, at least in Italy. I myself am not too keen on vegan cheese, but this mozzarella (made from rice milk) was the best I tasted so far. I will definitely go back. The restaurant is not exclusively for vegans, but it caters very sensitively for them and that's refreshing.

Pros: Service (Luigi), Excellent vegan mozzarella, Proper pizza

Return to Padua Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Itaca closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.