Istvanffi Veggie Burger

+36-702299298

Lajos Utca 36 9/c, Budapest, Hungary, H1036

Sept 2014 re-opened at this location after move from Varosmajor 13. A little vegan burger bar offering a variety of burger flavors plus has fries, salad, dessert, and sides. Open Tue 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed-Thu 11:00am-7:00pm, Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Miss.Muesli

love it! - Edit

Great burgers, awesome fries and it's totally vegan. the only downside of the place is that the drinks are expensive. There should be cheaper options too.

Pros: vegan only

Cons: expensive drinks.

A real burger - Edit

Interestingly enough, the only place which did not have an English menu. Never mind, if you know what a real burger tasted like before you went vegan, you will be impressed. I went for the mushroom pattie. ,I few pennies more than the other two choices. Reminded me of a Burger King/ McDonald's burger. Yes, that's actually a good thing. While we might never get a vegan burger that's like a big-ass backyard bbq burger, they can at least taste like A burger, which these do. And they had a bathroom/sink. Ketchup is extra, but it is the real kind.. This one could fool the carnivores.

Pros: Real American burger , Bathroom and sink, Price

Cons: No English menu

Burger style - Edit

Really good at what it does - just good, honest vegan burgers and fries. If you want a quick American style takeaway meal on the way to somewhere then this is ideal but I wouldn't seek it out especially.

Good choice of different types of burger, sauces etc.

Pros: Price

Cons: Limited seating

My Favourite Burger in Budapest - Edit

The place is small and a little uncomfortable. The design of the place is simple. The menu is printed in wall-to-wall size and is part of the decoration, which is really nice.

The hamburgers are really good, I could easily eat 4-5 of them, although you can't be hungry after 2. The hamburgers have homemade buns. The "meat" is the best one I have ever had. They don't put any kind of vegan cheese in their burger, but you get specific sauces. I think these are the burgers, which don!t require cheese. Sometimes less is better. The fries are not quite the best, but the burger is so good, that you won't have a problem with it. Also, if you eat the fries with their specific sauce, you won't have a reason to complain anymore. They also have a sweet, and fresh fruit juice. Both are really good.

The people are really nice and open. Once I've got free fries, just because I went there from a different city. According to a statics, 45% of their customers are meat-eaters, which I find really impressive. If I want to show up with veganism, this is the first place I show my friends.

Pros: Really tasty food, also healthy, Cheep, even with a East-European budget, Friendly people

Cons: small place, the french fries could be better

Average - Edit

Somebody wrote its like vegan Burger King and that's true, I just sadly have never liked chain burger places. Burgers were like in "normal burger places" so ok but nothing really special. I can make the same or much better at home. They could have better (home made?) buns, vegan cheese and more choice in sauces to put in. Actually all in all more choice because now the patty is always the same (mushrooms or oats) which makes it pretty boring. Fries were ok but not really special. Big plus goes to homemade juice, it was really good! English was really average but luckily the menu was also in English. To conclude, nice but not really special.

Pros: Pretty cheap, Good juices

Cons: Not much choice, White wheat buns, Don't accept credit card

Vegyes érzések - Edit

A szemléletük nem vegán, az étterem inkább növényi étrendet követ, mint sem vegán életmódot. Ez persze személyes vélemény, de a weboldalukon leírtak alapján nyilván másra nehéz következtetni... A burgerek finomak, kétfélét kóstoltam, viszont szerintem drágák. Túl sokba kerülne, ha jól akarnék lakni alacsony növésű lány létemre... Szerintem ezeknél a burgereknél lehet íz és egészség szempontjából is jobbakat kapni a fővárosban.

Pros: Ízletes

Cons: Drága, Egészségtelen, Nem vegán, inkább csak szimplán növényi

yes - Edit

It's basically the vegan equivalent of Burger King in the best possible way.

Nothing special - Edit

Took the cab from downtime to try out the "best vegan burgers" in Budapest. It's a small place and we had to wait 15min and were able to get a table. Burgers were just ok, as the buns and vegetables felt really plastic.

great place - Edit

Cheap, great food, nice service. Perfect. There should be more places like this.

Best vegan burger! - Edit

The happiness I felt when I saw the menu! So many choices (totally regret not taking a picture)! I went with an Istvanffi burger menu and was not disappointed. This is, hands down, the best vegan burger I've had (so far, only tried one). Will be hanging out here going through their menu and trying their different burger types (see review below) next time I visit.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 17, 2015

Pros: Great taste, Friendly staff, So many choices!

Cons: Weird opening hours

Best burgers ever - Edit

I have had a few vegan burgers in my life, but man, these are the best ever. They taste incredibly good and are made and served with love. You can get full with two small burgers or with a meal option. Some burgers are made with wheat, some with oat "meat", the buns, salads and catchup and mustard are all top quality. I went to this place on the first week after it opened, I hope they manage to survive for a long time.

Pros: amazing taste, good value, top quality ingredients

Cons: small area to sit down

Return to Budapest Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Istvanffi Veggie Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.