First Review by mfoy

Island Naturals Market - Edit

So happy to have found this place. They offer hot meals, as well as a great selection of grab and go, and cold salad type dishes. It has a little bit of everything you'd want or need in a grocery store. Though these food items are a bit on the pricey side, they are all fresh and delicious!

Pros: Vegan Options, Friendly Staff

Best place for vegan options - Edit

This supermarket is great for vegans. Lots of choices including fresh take away foods. A great place to stock up on food for the day before heading off around the island (where your choices outside of Kona and Hilo are limited).

Pros: choice, value

Great food - Edit

My husband and I got food from the hot buffet here, he's a vegetarian and I'm a vegan. We got items such as lasagne, potato wedges, tofu and mushroom bakes, stir fry, aubergine and chickpea curry as well as a tomato based dish - think it was Moroccan. Everything was delicious. We also got some groceries, some cakes, some breads and even some ice creams! they have a great selection for vegans so I was delighted I got a cake, a focaccia and an ice cream!

Pros: Excellent choice of food, good value, good location

A relief to find this store! - Edit

Visiting the Big Island, we needed provisions for a few days while in Captain Cook. We were looking for things that were portable and didn’t require preparation. We found just what we wanted in the prepared foods section here. There were a number of vegan salads (mixed green salad, bean salad and beet salad) and wraps that were just what we needed. We even bought food to take on our flight home the next day.

Pros: Good selection for vegetarians & vegans, Prepared foods

Cons: Tight parking

Good selection - Edit

This is a fairly large natural food store with a nice deli. There are several vegan desserts offered, and the cupcakes I got were delicious.
Pricey place, though!

Pros: selection, vegan options

Cons: price

Delicious! - Edit

This place has a great hot food bar with several vegan options and vegan soups. Can also make sandwiches but those didn't seem as vegan friendly. The market is well stocked with vegan essentials for you to do your own cooking too. A little pricey but worth it as there aren't many vegan options in the area.

Pros: delicious, many vegan options

Cons: prices

Great Health Food Store - Edit

I also had the vegan Lillikoi (passionfruit) cake, and it was the best cake I've ever had. It was delicious. They also had vegan chocolate cake which was great. They have some vegan breakfast potatoes in their buffet which were good and a tofu sandwich with vegenaise in their take-out case, which was a bit boring. I did not like the cilantro hummus. Overall, it was a great place to stock up for picnics at the beach, with things like tofurky and vegenaise in the store. It was great to find this place in Kona since there are not many vegetarian options in the restaurants here. Also, the vegan soy yogurt is really good, way better than the kind we get in Canada (I think the brand might have been Whole Soy?)

Large Natural Foods Store with vegan items in deli - Edit

Found a couple of interesting vegan deserts in their prepared foods case: Haupia Lilikoi (a coconut milk based custard with a passion fruit sauce) and a Lilikoi Cake (vegan).
Also some vegan items in there cold bar (e.g., quinoa salad).
Open everyday for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.
Some local produce.

Pros: Selection, Full Deli

Return to Kailua Kona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Island Naturals Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2987 times since Apr 2009.