First Review by keepongrowing

Perfect for my trip - Edit

Nice health food store with everything I needed for my visit to Hilo staying at a cottage rental. Friendly people, juice, small prepared foods bar. I've gone back on subsequent trips. Always enjoy seeing the seaweed on the bar.

Great - Edit

I shop and eat there all the time. My favorite for lunch in Hilo. Very good hot food bar and salad bar. Plus a great natural foods store. Kona store is also wonderful.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Lots of parking

Cons: A bit pricey, but it's Hawaii

What would you expect on a Tropical Island... - Edit

Great selection, great locations, great atmosphere, great staff - typical bit over priced. You can pretty much find anything you need here for the basic vegan / veg diet. A few nice "Locals Only" products as well - made in the Islands. 15% to 20% higher priced than what you would find for the same on the mainland - but that's pretty standard around here. All in all - a very good one stop shop for a full day, weekend or weeks shopping while on the big Island. Deli is great too and more standard on the prices as opposed to the grocery section.

Pros: Lots of choice, good atmosphere

Cons: bit pricey

Good selection of foods - Edit

I'm a vegan and my husband is a vegetarian. There were a lot of vegan options for me to eat here. We had food from the hot buffet and also got some cakes which was great. We bought some frozen items as well to heat up later. I got a wrap made up for me which was delicious also. I even got an ice cream!

Pros: location, good selection of food

A Hilo Must! - Edit

Food bar was sooo good. Went to the one in Kona and had to stop at this location in Hilo. More vegan options including muffins plus the store has all the vegan essentials to cook at home.

Pros: delicious, plenty of vegan options

Cons: little pricey

Great Place - Edit

It's all true. Big enough to have everything you'd want, but still local and friendly. Many interesting items, from takeout to Island souveneirs. Easy (shopping center) parking. Deli tables out in front...

This is an awesome store! - Edit

We visited their sister store in Pahoa a lot (see my review of their store in Pahoa) but also visited this store 2 times. They have great hot deli with lots of vegan items. I love their tofu sushi rolls and vegan sandwiches. These are great items to bring to the beaches or picnics. They have delicious choices of vegan baked items. If you are vegan travellers don't miss visiting this store. All other choice to eat vegan are Thai restaurants and after a while, you can get tired of thai food.

Pros: Vegan bakery items, Vegan deli made to order items, Vegan grab n go items

Cons: No website, No advertisement

Great place for a Vegetarian in hawaii - Edit

This market, as well as its sister store in Pahoa, is a great place to get started as a vegetarian in Hawaii. Big, lots of items, great deli food, and a great place to touch base. I always seek out health food stores first when traveling, and I was very pleased with this one.

Pros: clean, large selection, good location

Return to Hilo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Island Naturals Market and Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1413 times since Aug 2007.