Island Cafe & Bistro

780-481-0884

9923 170 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5P 4S2

Serves meat, vegan options available. Malaysian cuisine with vegan choices for soups, appetizers and main dishes with various vege meats. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Asian, Malaysian, Non-veg

First Review by TaraW

Take my money. - Edit

We spend too much time here. The vegan roti special is to die for and the mung bean cakes melt in your mouth! We will keep coming back until we have tried every vegan option on the menu.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars, it because happy cow does not approve 5 star ratings for restaurants that are not 100% vegan.

islandcafe&bistro 09 Mar 2018 - Thanks,we have many others,these delights that resembles actual Malaysian cross cultural lifestyle.

Come and have an awesome experience.Thanks for your business and review.

A hidden gem - Edit

We found this friendly place on a - 30 day in Edmonton. The owner is a delightful man. He spent time explaining the dishes and telling us about his country. The food was delicious. I had the roti special and my husband had Nasi Lemak. We will definitely be back.

Pros: Lots of vegan options. They have a separate menu s, The menu items are very reasonably priced.

islandcafe&bistro 09 Mar 2018 - Thanks,one of the objective of our store is to showcase how,vegan or vegetarian food can be done up deliciously to suit individual taste.eg,the roti special is done according to east India style,Whilst Nasi Lemak(Coconut rice),translated is typical Malay delight,despite the fact that we are Chinese.So,in Island Cafe,you will have some interesting experience.

Love this place - Edit

Small and personal. Food is so good. Not a large menu but I love the food so much I’d probably choose the same dish each time anyhow. The Roti is a must. We decided to “try” an order and while we waited for our meal we got a second order which arrived with our meal because the wait for food isn’t long. I don’t know what else to say except we do love this place and have been a few times since discovering it. Love that we are supporting a small business and that no only do they serve you but they will give suggestions and have a chat with you as well. Don’t judge this place by the store front go in and try it out!

Pros: Great food, Great prices, Excellent service

Cons: Store front is easy to miss

islandcafe&bistro 09 Mar 2018 - Much appreciated for your awesome review.We will always try our best to enhance the saying that,we all like to live to eat,instead of eat to live.By doing so,every time you drop in,you shall have a wonderful meal waiting for you.Thank you.

Return to Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Island Cafe & Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.