Iron Horse

224-256-2341

3965 W Algonquin Rd, Algonquin, Illinois, USA, 60102

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and bar offering vegan items including the Impossible burger, tacos, jack fruit sliders and more. Ask staff about vegan options. Open Mon-Thu 4:00pm-1:00am, Fri 4:00pm-2:00am, Sat 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Poliesquee

Great Vegan Options - Edit

I heard through the grapevine the Ironhorse was trying a few vegan options. I'm not sure if this is a permanent change but I hope so.

It's your typical loud local sports bar. A few tables although I'm not sure I'd bring my kids here. Staff was just okay. Not bad but not the friendlyest bunch either. Could've just been my particular server. Decent place for a drink, something to eat and not break the bank but it's certainly not going to impress anyone for their atmosphere.

I had the impossible burger and it was REALLY good. Nothing special about the way they prepared it. Just you're typical bar burger with the typical fixings....but vegan. I thought it was great. They did have other options such as BBQ pulled jack fruit. I wish they had a vegan cheese option for the burger.

None of the vegan stuff was on their typical menu. Perhaps this has or will change but I always find that annoying. You have to ask the waiter and they will tell you the options. Eye roll

Price was average. I can't remember exactly what I paid but it wasn't anything too crazy for the area.

Overall it was some nice options for the area. I hope they continue to offer them and I'm proud of places like this that are not afraid to take chances and step out. I would recommend this place for a super casual outing.

Pros: Multiple options, Good food, Average pricing

Cons: Vegan options not on the regular menu, No vegan cheese for burger, Can get loud if a big game is on

great bar food - Edit

Bear pulled pork jack fruit I’ve ever had. This is your typical bar with a few vegan offerings. Vegan options aren’t on the menu yet but ask the server and they’re very knowledgeable. Also has TVP tacos and the impossible burger. If you eat dairy also allow you to sub the impossible burger on their regular menu burger items. Huge bar, also has slots.

Pros: great food, large parking lot, fast service

Return to Algonquin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Iron Horse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.