Irie Zulu

( 1 review )
414-509-6014

7237 W North Ave, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, 53213

Serves meat, vegan options available. Alternates between African and Jamaican menus depending on the day. Several labeled vegan appetizers, entrées, and sides.

Categories: Caribbean, Fusion, African, Jamaican, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by ekg1234

WOW. - Edit

Went to Irie Zulu for the first time today and I was very impressed. The restaurant currently serves their African menu on some days and their Jamaican menu on other days. I went on a day when they were serving their African menu because they had more vegan options. We got the yam fries with tomato chutney sauce which was so yummy! We also got fried plantains, beignets, and then a vegan South African curry and a dish called Maffe Vegan (veggies and chickpeas in a peanut sauce). We also got a sweet potato tart for dessert (we got the ice cream on the side and the non-vegans ate that). I enjoyed everything! The flavors were great, the portion sizes were decent, and they use a lot of organic ingredients. They were having some problems with the grill and our dishes took longer than expected but the owner came out to apologize and gave use the beignet dish for free. I would definitely go again!
Oh also all of the vegan options are labeled :)

Pros: Unique and tasty food, Friendly staff, Quality ingredients

Cons: A bit pricey, Limited hours

Return to Wauwatosa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Irie Zulu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.