Irazu

• Veg-friendly
Contact 773-252-5687

1865 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60647

Serves meat, vegan options available. Though a meaty menu, there is a small labeled vegetarian section, and you can ask to leave out cheese or dairy to make a dish vegan. Fun and fresh atmosphere. Prices cheap to moderate.

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Catering, Costa Rican, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Yummy shakes + amazing guacamole - Edit

We love Irazu. It's veg-friendly (vs veg), and there are several meatless options, as well as soy shakes that are to die for!

I always order the vegetarian burrito, a banana soy shake, and a huge order of the amazing guacamole. The burrito is so darn good. How can a burrito be special, you ask? I wish I had the answer. It just is.

Prices are super reasonable, and before you go, know that they do not accept credit cards.

Pros: Good value, Great service, Big portions

Cons: No credit cards accepted

Mediocre - Edit

I'm going to agree with SynthVegan's review below. I lived next to Irazu for 6 years and didn't see what the big deal was. Other people raved about this place. I went back a couple times thinking maybe I just ordered the wrong dish, but never any luck. Synth says they have vegan shakes there so I actually will go back to try those. Otherwise, until they add more vegan options I'd take a pass on Irazu.

Irazu - Edit

I've been here in the past and don't recall there being a ton of veggie options, so I was shocked to see Irazu listed on HC. Anyway, I did get the veggie burrito without cheese and thought that it was pretty average, nothing I'd go running back for. The do also have a vegan shake, I believe it's made with oatmeal? The shake sounds interesting, perhaps I'll try it next time and will update my review then. Also, make sure you bring cash since they're cash only (they have an ATM too).

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Irazu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 844 times since Aug 2011.