First Review by valerieelizabeth

AMAZING RAW FOOD - Edit

cute little place with a spa attached to it. definitely recommend if you enjoy raw food like I do. i ordered the white pizza and it was so good! it tasted very similar to cafe gratitude's raw pizza as well.

Pros: have a fridge full of items on the menu ready to g

Cons: costly

Healthy meals made with LOVE - Edit

Ionie and Francesca are amazing people and served us scrumptious food! We met a friend for a day at the beach and came in to Ionie's for a much anticipated lunch. We ate, then took a break and ate again!!! We wanted to try EVERYTHING on the menu but our stomachs weren't big enough!!
We've been all raw/mostly raw vegan for over 3 years now. I can tell you that Ionie's cuisine is far above most restaurants that we've been to. Her food is even better than MINE (trained as a raw Foods educator)!!!!
A must "go to" when in the Sarasota area! Or even worth a SPECIAL trip!!

Pros: Excellent people, Great food, Affordable

Cons: Dining room a bit small

Delicious Raw Vegan Cafe - Edit

I have known Ionie for years, this cafe is a new endeavor as an addition to her already successful holistic health spa. I had the Buddha Bowl and my wife had the Ionishi raw vegan sushi. Both were delicious and filling. The also have Raw Vegan Pizza and a wide selection of smoothies and juices. Only all raw cafe in Sarasota, and well worth a visit.

Must go!! - Edit

I had the Assunta smoothie and Vanilla Creme Divine. I tried the True Blood juice and the Ionishi Roll that other people ordered. Every single thing I put in my mouth was outstanding. The Vanilla Creme Divine should really be called "OMG" as our waiter suggested. My smoothie was delicious and not too thick. The Ionishi Roll (like sushi) was amazing. Even my carnivore father loved it. This is a must go and I will definitely be back.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good atmosphere

When food becomes art - Edit

We ate at Ionie's place in May 2013, and it was a treat beyond expectation. We found the place by chance, as we were actually looking for Chipotles. We definitely didn't regret it.
We went inside to have a look at the menu, and found all the table occupied (well they only had room for about 12-14 people), however we were happy to find out that we could sit outside. I went outside with our two kids, while my husband did the ordering. He came out and told me that he had ordered everything from the menu as everything just looked great - and it was! The food looked beautiful and it tasted awsome. Even our kids loved the raw pizza and lasagna. And all the staff were SO friendly. We'll definitely go again next time we come to Sarasota.

Pros: Great food, Great drinks, Great staff

Cons: Not enough tables

terrific little raw, vegan cafe - Edit

Wonderful service and the owner chatted with us for a while...so nice and so friendly! We shared a number of entrees and everything was really tasty...lasagna, Buddha bowl, wraps, lo mein...all great choices. Will definitely be back.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 13, 2013

Updated from previous review on Monday August 05, 2013

Pros: raw, vegan, tasty, service

AWESOME! - Edit

I have been vegan for 14 years and experimenting in "Raw Vegan" for the past year. I have been in the restaurant business for over 30 years. I consider myself very accomplished in all facets of cooking and food preparation but I could not have imagined a more DELICIOUS version of "Raw Vegan" Lasagna!
Ionie has MASTERED this!
I HIGHLY recommend EVERYONE to try this AMAZING dish at IONIE!!!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly, knowledgeable staff, reasonably priced

Yummy - Edit

Ionie has gourmet raw vegan food. I loved the mixed salad (huge and full of flavor), the fantastic smoothie " shake your tail feathers ", and the scrumpitous dessert, a mini-cake with cashew based creamy yummy filling. Loved it!

Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Nice staff

Cons: Small

wonderful - Edit

This place is so cute! There's a very fresh, clean atmosphere and the food is delicious. I took my omni boyfriend there and he got the green smoothie and loved it. I ordered the red pizza. I have no complaints at all. :)

Pros: Yummy, Lots of options

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ionie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.