Invita Living Food

Contact 03-93291267

76 Therry St, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000

Casual, deli style counter established in 2013. Offers gluten free, vegetarian and vegan food, bottled juices, baked goods, axil coffee. Tue 7:00am-4:00pm, Thu-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Australian

First Review by SimoneTracey

Great option for breakfast/lunch - Edit

Definitely recommended! Plenty of vegan options - the berry muffins are a must try, but also the pies, served with a mix of different grain/legume salad, are a hit. They make good coffee as well. Tried eating in once and had the porridge with soymilk, which was okay, but the seating (all outside next to the market) was not really cosy in the winter :) The service was extremely friendly, five stars for that!

Pros: Tasty vegan food

Cons: Not a lot of variation if you come here more often

Good For Lunch - Edit

After we walked around the market, we went here for lunch. With nice weather, it is a good location although it got very crowded just as we were set to leave. We shared a falafel wrap and then shared lemon poppyseed cake and chocolate cake. It was all very good. I particularly liked the fact that all the ingredients were listed on what you were ordering so there was no need to play 20 questions.

Pros: Excellent food, Positive staff

Yummo Vegan (and others) - Edit

Literally right outside the market by the Organic fruits. (Quite fitting). I had the Corn Fritter without Sour cream (makes it vegan then). Large portion! Kombucha, beer and other drinks!! Definitely a must try. I work about 2blocks from there and I will go back!

Pros: Vegan Options, Kombucha, Outdoor seating, close to

Cons: A little pricey, but then again a lot to eat.

wouldn't go back... - Edit

I used to work at the Vic Markets and enjoyed lots of lunches and coffees from here. Although since I've moved on and don't get a reciprocal staff discount anymore, I've never gone back there to eat. I find it a bit overpriced given that everything is pre-prepared and reheated. For what it is, though, I loved the polenta cake for breakfast or lunch, with a pile of guacamole on top. The sticky ginger cake is gorgeous and the salads are always fresh and tasty too.

The owner seems to be pretty stingy. I always had to ask for double strength coffees, otherwise I'd just get mildly flavoured soy milk. Plus, all the staff were awesome but I witnessed the boss being really rude to them more than once. Bad bosses don't get more than 3 stars, or return business from me. Shame. I do love that ginger cake.

A Great Option next to the Victorian Market - Edit

I love to have a big shop at the Victorian Market followed by a coffee or lunch here. It's a nice, little sheltered outdoor setting next to a florist business. A touch tricky to find but worth the effort. Wonderful smily service which includes yummy soups, curry, pie and dessert options. Invita Living Food has actually been here for quite a few years.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Invita Living Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2732 times since Oct 2013.