CLOSED: InSpiral Lounge

Contact 020-74285875

250 Camden High St, Camden, North West London, England, NW1 8QS

Vegan except for dairy milk for drinks; has soymilk. Food is vegan and includes various hot food, salads, sandwiches, raw food plus smoothies, cake, and raw truffle. Sells large selection of soya-free sugar-free vegan ice cream. Organic licensed bar. DJs, film nights, talks in the evenings. Casual atmosphere with Wi-Fi. SHUT DOWN JAN 2016 PER COW AMBASSADOR. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sun 10:00am-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, British

First Review by Jemima

great vegan hideaway - Edit

We stopped by for some tea and a smoothie but will definitely return to try the food. A lovely vegan hideaway from the hustle and bustle of Camden High St. Everything is vegan with raw options too (e.g burgers/sandwiches/wraps etc)

Pros: Everything is vegan Raw options available Juices/s

Absolutely Fabulous!! - Edit

Wow!! Found this place by chance, and what a find. Very friendly staff, amazing choice of vegan food and drinks. Very tasty and wonderful chai latte tea with coconut milk. Will be back very, very soon and many times I think.

Pros: Friendly. Amazing choice of vegan food and proper

Cons: None.

Fantastic food, fantastic service - Edit

Really easy to find. Warm and welcoming reception as soon as you arrive. Menu selection is not huge, but every dish is exquisite. Also serves beers, wines and cocktails and has live music events, so great for a chilled lunch, or a night out. The staff were lovely. Really friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Thoroughly enjoyed and will be back.

Pros: Easy to find (short walk from the Tube), Serves beers, wines and spirits, Outstanding vegan snacks on sale

Cons: You might have to share a table if it is busy

One for the tourists - Edit

The food is overpriced and not that great, it's always crowded and the staff are generally rude ... veganism should be about animal rights, not trendy food fads

Pros: none

Cons: expensive, not ethical vegans, overcrowded

Inspiring InSpiral - Edit

Called in at this small restaurant during a visit to Camden Town market. Fresh, bright atmosphere with lovely food. I ate the Pasta Tempeh Carbonara (brown rice fusilli with tempeh, tossed in a creamy siken tofu and turmeric sauce) with a side serving of garlic and rosemary potato wedges. The whole thing was utterly delicious. My daughter had the inSpiral veggie burger which she found delicious. My wife had the sweet potato chocolate brownie which she really enjoyed.

Lovely setting with a view over the canal (it will be even better once the nearby building work has been completed).

It's a small restaurant with small tables, so it can feel a little bit cramped (especially if you are a large group) but that didn't detract at all from the experience. I strongly recommend it.

Pros: Pleasant atmposphere, Reasonably good selection of food.

Cons: There was no paper in the toilet.

Great for raw food lovers - Edit

We have been here a few times and always enjoy the raw food options. It's often busy and seems a bit hipster, but the food is always good and the staff are friendly, so we can't complain!

The last time we went we had the raw platter and shared it between the two of us. I really recommend it!

Pros: Good raw options, Friendly staff

Nice ambience, but not very tasty - Edit

I really loved the ambiance, and the staff was very friendly but we had to wait very long although the food wasn't maked fresh. We had Nachos for two and I didn't liked them and one of the dips wasn't good neither. The gouacamole and the cashew dip were very tasty.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice ambience

Cons: long time to wait, not very tasty

Fabulous! - Edit

This has to be the best restaurant in the whole of London. The food is simply amazing and the portions are good. Everything is completely vegan. Desserts are exquisitely good. Atmosphere is buzzing and they have events and parties and they're open very late at the weekend. You can buy your snacks and useful vegan cooking ingredients here too!

Pros: Buzzing atmosphere, Good portions, Everything is vegan

Healthy food in Camden Town - Edit

A small and healthy place in Camden, London, with raw foods, smoothies and natural juices, superfoods, breakfasts, etc...
Too much people inside because there are another restaurant (not veg) in the upstairs.

Good portions of wholesome food - Edit

There are some huge portions available here if you are hungry. The food is fantastic, some is buffet style and atmosphere is casual. Great for vegans, you will want to eat everything!

Lovely location - Edit

I've been for breakfast twice, trying the cooked breakfast and the raw crepes. Both were good, though I'd say the latter were perhaps more special and surprisingly tasty. It's a really nice location, and quiet on a morning - we were the only customers and had a pleasant breakfast looking out on the water. The staff could have been a touch friendlier, but otherwise great.

Left Upset and dissapointed :( - Edit

Writing this review based on a recent incident that happened... a couple of weeks ago me and my fiance popped into Inspiral after reading a review about their organic strawberry beer, we thought it would be nice to grab a couple of bottles to take back to our hotel room, was no problem we bought them and left happy, then last week we went back to get more beers to take home with us and this is what happened- Firstly we were asked by a male member of staff or possibly the team leader or manager to go to the other till and my fiance said we just wanted to grab a beer, he then said quite rudely 'It doesnt matter what you want, you order over there.' He then changed his mind and got us the beers, he then proceeded to open them, my fiance said we would like them to take out and then we were told rudely and loudly 'THATS ILLEGAL' and looked at us weird, I politely remarked that we had taken beers out the previous week,and was told 'WELL I WASNT HERE LAST WEEK.' Obviously we didnt know you couldn't take alcohol out even though we had the week before but we were made like we were doing something real bad, also I found him very rude as he could just have said 'Im sorry but our alcohol policy does not allow you to take alcohol off the premises. We will not be returning again.

Cons: Rude Staff

good food and vegan options - Edit

Good bar/restaurant with many vegan and raw food. Their dishes are creative, and most important, tasty and well made. If you like beer, you must try the Freedom Larger. The service is good and the ambient is nice. My only complaint is the music, repetitious and a little annoying.

Pros: different dishes

Cons: a little expensive, repetitious music

Return to North West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: InSpiral Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.