First Review by kyriacoullis

Very nice place - Edit

Small place in Nicosia , relaxing and peaceful . Great hummus and veggie burger . Nice owner .

Vegan Cuisine In The Old City - Edit

My daughter and I passed by this restaurant during a segway tour of the old city and returned after our tour was over. It was 1630 and the restaurant closes at 1730. Our choices were the veggie burgers and a spinach frittata -- everything else (about seven other menu items total) was sold out -- both of which were delicious. Meals are served with bread and hummus, and a salad. We had dessert -- chocolate cake and a (gluten-free, vegan) raspberry buckle. We polished off everything, not even a crumb was left. At the cash register we learned the business takes cash only, no credit cards. The owner helped us get to an ATM so we could pay. BRING CASH. Come hungry.

Pros: Good, seasonal variety; delicious, fresh food, Friendly, helpful staff, Beautiful location and surroundings

Cons: It is closed Sundays and closes early (1730), Does not accept credit cards, Limited choices at end of day

Great - Edit

Small friendly place with great food and lovely outside sitting.

Pros: Good food, Quiet, Friendly and educated staff

Cons: Open only until 5pm

Beautiful place with amazing food - Edit

Inga's Veggie Heaven is really a heaven. The seating outside is in a beautiful veranda garden with a relaxed atmosphere. The food is as fantastic as the location. They were very helpful of pointing out my vegan options. I had a pomegranate ginger smoothie and a quinoa zucchini burger with wild rice and salat. Everything was prepared fresh with love and the taste was just amazing.

If you go to Nicosia, Inga's Veggie Heaven is the best place to eat.

Pros: beautiful seating in the veranda garden, delicious vegan food, refreshing smoothie

Amazing vegan food!! - Edit

Finally found an amazing place to eat as vegans! The staff were so kind and helpful. The food was amazing, not to mention the cakes! A bit on the pricey side but worth it if you're veggie/vegan. Shame it doesn't open for dinner and it's not exactly in the centre of the old town but well worth the trip!
Opening times: Tuesday - Saturday 0930-1730

Amazing! - Edit

I ate here during the summer. It was the nicest meal I had the entire time I was in Cyprus. I got the veggie burgers which were two different burgers with a massive helping of salad, two dips and bread. Ah-may-zing! I also got some chocolate cake even though I was already stuffed and that was really good too. I can't remember what anyone else ate but we were all happy with it. There was fresh juice available.

The owner is lovely and she has really good English. She was able to tell us exactly what was in each dish and what was vegan and gluten free.

I wish there was air conditioning but it wouldn't have made much of a difference as we sat outside. There was a lovely little garden terrace. I think it was shaded but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Pros: Vegan and gluten free food available, Very helpful owner, Good portion sizes

Cons: Out of the way, No air conditioning

Delicious and wholesome! - Edit

The food here was fresh, healthy and incredibly flavoursome. We tried the burger, thai style vegetables and stuffed paprikas. 4 out of 5 of the options were vegan. The lady (i think owner) offered to make us a mixed plate with a mixture of all the dishes. So we tried this although leaving out the Falafel. Each dish also comes with bread, salad and a peanut creme sauce (which is delicious!). Highly recommended.

vegan oasis in cyprus - Edit

Sadly Inga has no competition when it comes to food in Cyprus. The good news is, her food is great, prices are very reasonable (compared to complete meals in cyprus - at inga's you get couvert, the meal and a salad; also you may drink as much cold water as you like, for free - and you will need it in cyprus weather), and the meal quality is top notch. Everpresent and always smiling, Inga lights up the kitchen of her cozy little restautant, just for a moment letting you forget the horrible food habits and menus of greek cypriots.

Pros: excellent food, no hidden costs, lovely staff and owner

Cons: none so far

An unexpected treat! - Edit

I was in Nicosia/Lefkosia a couple of years ago and came across this wonderful restaurant while wandering round the back streets. It's lovely; the food is great, the hospitality genuinely warm. It's a great place to relax while you're pondering which bit of Cypriot culture to plunder next!

Pros: Delicious food, Really friendly staff, Great location

Friendly place with freshly made food - Edit

Visited this place while on a day trip to Nicosia. It's a little out of the centre but not too far, and it's easy to find as its part of a craft centre. When we went there were four main course options plus a soup, and plenty of cakes. I think a couple of the options were vegan. Very friendly service.

Pros: Fully vegetarian, Good value

Cons: Slightly far out of the centre

Delicious vegetarian meals - Edit

This is a place I was just thrilled to come across! Delicious vegetarian meals for all tastes! Various cuisines combined in a very unique and creative way for an excellent result. It fits perfectly in the neighborhood / old-city area, and it's a just a great stop especially if you're into something non main stream.

Return to Nicosia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Inga's Veggie Heaven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.