First Review by keithpp

Vegetarian and Vegan Paradise - Edit

Fantastic store that you should definitely visit. You will find everything you could possibly want including cheeses, desserts, chocolate, vitamins, snacks and meats to name just a few. We stocked up on loads of vego bars, which were considerably lower priced than up here in Newcastle.

Pros: Fantastic choice of vegan food, Reasonably priced, Lovely staff

Loads of choice - Edit

We love Infinity Foods and whenever we are in Brighton we call in to stock up on goodies. They always seem to have those things you have heard about but haven't been able to get yet! We invariably buy treats and rarely come out with anything particularly healthy!! We can get that at home!! The bakery is great - nice scones and other vegan treats such as sausage rolls, pizza etc. Always a good selection of chocolate and loads of chilled products. If you are in Brighton you do need to visit.

Pros: Loads of vegan items, Friendly staff

Perfect for picking up travel food - Edit

I came here before my train home to Edinburgh to pick up some groceries for the journey and was very pleased with what was on offer. Tasty homemade vegan sandwiches and bakery goods, plus a variety of fruit and crisps. Excellent :)

Pros: Great vegan range, Nice bakery goods

Excellent health food store - Edit

I absolutely love this place. It has everything you could ever want from a health food store... including a huge fresh fruit & veg sections and baked breads.

They've got great ethics and get my vote. Absolute must visit to stock up on foods and toiletries when in Brighton.

Pros: Awesome variety, Location

Perfect for vegan staples. Visit the bakery! - Edit

Great for vegan staples, and the bakery at the back of the shop is a must-visit if you're looking to pick up something quickly for lunch. They have four different types of pizza - vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free vegetarian, gluten-free vegan. Their chelsea buns are so delicious, plus they usually have muffins, scones and sausage rolls which are all vegan and clearly marked. They have a huge range of freshly made bread which is also very good, and a huge variety of fruit and vegetables (although as they are all locally produced and organic they can often be very pricey).

Pros: All vegetarian, Loads of vegan options, Fresh bakery

Cons: Can be a little pricey, but worth it.

Good for vegan shopping - Edit

Whenever we come to Brighton we come here to see what's on offer. They've got a large selection of veggie and vegan items, and it's good to find things that aren't easily available where we live.

Wonderful product selection and baked goods - Edit

Fresh bakery goods, pizza, including a gluten-free, vegan one. Fresh organic produce. Body and home products. Items I haven't seen before (e.g., jar of chili-flavoured seitan; tempeh slices in can). If I lived in Brighton, this would be my main shopping destination. Wish I could have bought more, but I was on-the-road.

Pros: range of products, freshly baked goods, fresh produce

It's a lovely shop - Edit

It's an independent shop that carries a very good selection of grocery items and many kinds of vegan chocolates and snacks.
4 cows, because it's vegetarian only, not vegan.

Pros: Nice and cozy, Very good selection

Cons: Not everything is vegan

Brilliant! - Edit

Brilliant veggie health food store smack bang in the centre of Brighton. They stock some great imported treats such as Go Max Go Cleo's, Amy's Daiya Mac & Cheese & Vegusto as well as having an awesome bakery section. Their bread is all fantastic especially the Granary, Multiseed, Focaccia & Rye Sourdough. They also do a great vegan scone.

Infinity also stock a great range of natural vegan body care products, pantry staples (from rice to agave nectar) and fresh fruit & veg.

Pros: All vegetarian, Wonderful on site bakery, Great range of vegan cheeses

Cons: I can easily spend far too much money!

Great for rare vegan items - Edit

I always find a large variety of vegan items, in both the bakery and grocery sections. There is a particularly nice range of vegan chocolate and deli items. They carry Wheaty there too which is one of my favorite brands. And they have Tofurkey around thanksgiving too.

Pros: Great vegan selection, Good deli section, Fresh bakery items

Huge vegan supermarket - Edit

Infinity is a great independent co-op health food store and bakery. Lots of products for vegans, including stuff baked on site. Check out their cafe just down the street too.

Pros: Range of produce, bakery, co-op

Cons: Can be expensive

so impressed - Edit

stopped here to grab a drink and ended up doing a months shopping amazing selection of vegan goddies unable to be found in most health food shops. The fresh made vegan pizza looked and smelled amazing and the sour dough bread was devine . Will end up going back to Brighton just for this place alone wasnt too badly priced have seen alot other places exploiting the vegan market with ridiculous price hikes but not here was a pleasure to shop in

Its all about the Walnut Coffee Cake - Edit

I read a blog review of this coffee cake and I must say it lived up to it! Probably the best vegan dessert I've ever had. We also ordered the BLT and didn't end up eating a bite since it was sloughed in oil/vegan butter/mayo. A bit hypocritical on my part for going for cake and then forgetting to healthy up my main! I had the BLT at VBites later in the day and requested it w/o mayo or butter on the bread and its about the same sandwich minus the cancer fuel so if I went back to Infinity I'd do the same.

Pros: walnut cake, across from Veg Shoes

Complete - Edit

Very complete organic or health food shop that sell everything from food to detergent. It is a bit pricey in compare with some other shops, but you can almost get everything you want here.

Pros: Complete

Cons: Price

makes shopping a pleasure - Edit

I hate shopping, but when in Brighton, I make a point of visiting Infinity Foods.

This is how shopping should be, a pleasure.

A very good range of foods.

I only wish there were more shops like Infinity Foods.

Also worth visiting in Brighton is Taj Natural.

Inifinity Foods also have the Infinity Foods Cafe.

Pros: quality foods, good atmosphere, a pleasure to shop

Contributions +87

Best indepandant healthfood store - Edit

No doubt about it that this is the best health food store in the area and probably the whole of the UK. Whe i visit to Brighton i do a little stock up on bread, veg and other essential items.

The prices can be a bit high but they are offering a very large range of goods.

It is worth noting if you are a member of a local group ie: veggie/vegan group, womans group or any other group that you could set up your own co-op and use the Infinity wholesale place in Hove which will delivery free locally. The stuff is bought in bulk and can be split with members in the group. I have done this in the past and can save anything upto 50% on certain Items. Worth the effort and helps with lower income households afford wholefoods and eco friendly household products. The website for their wholesale place is www.infinityfoods.co.uk

Check it out and get a small co-operative going in your group.

Pros: Massive choice, Bigger store, Very vegan

Cons: Expensive

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Infinity Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3368 times since Aug 2007.