Indus Indian and Herbal Cusine

Contact 561-259-0123

1649 Forum Pl (at Palm Beach Lakes Blvd ), West Palm Beach, Florida, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A relaxed vibe with plush booths and Indian music. Menu is extensive with vegan options clearly labeled with many to choose from including desserts. A full bar with happy hour. Open . Open Mon-Sun Lunch-Dinner.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by gortollini

Indian food for vegans - Edit

I love Indian food! But even if you don't love spicy food or haven't had Indian food before, you should give it a try. The menu has many clearly marked vegan options (and marked vegetarian options). You can also order food as spicy (or not) as you like it. The staff is friendly and can give you vegan suggestions. No tofu so Veg entrees will be veggie, black or yellow lentil, or chickpea based.

During the weekday for lunch, Indus has a good size buffet that always features several vegetarian options and a few vegan options. The buffet options rotate so it's not the same very day, and it's a good price for about $10 for lunch. Food on the buffet is NOT spicy (I prefer spicy food), but that's standard for Indian buffets because they want to accommodate everyone. It's a nice, quick lunch.

Dinner is more formal on one half of the restaurant with white table cloths. On weekends, they may have live music.

D-Lish and VEGAN FREINDLY!! - Edit

While they do serve meat and have cow's milk on their menu this Indian restaurant is practically half vegan. The HUGE menu provides clear descriptions of all dishes and everything is labeled including the vegan options. It was great to go to a restaurant that wasn't a full fledge vegan joint and still have too many options to choose from that I had to sacrifice one dish for another. Usually there's only one maybe more options. I attended this joint with a non-vegan friend but we ordered vegan all the way and by the end of it, they said that they would eat vegan if it was like this (meaning the meal we had just consumed). We started with the sampler platter for an appetizer. Everything was fried and looked like it was going to taste the same with just different veggies in it but it wasn't. Everything had it's own flavor profile and spiciness. My fave were the samosas. Dinner was a combination of Vegetable Madras and Chana Marsala. Both on the spicier side and we got the Madras at level medium and I'm glad we didn't go any higher. Dishes were served of course with rice and while I would have loved some naan, but it isn't vegan. Looking forward to going back and trying the dishes I had to say no to, plus, I'm gonna save room for dessert because they had two or three vegan options. It you're in the area and looking for Indian, a cultural nosh or a just a new joint to try give this place a go.

Pros: vegan options, good value

Return to West Palm Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indus Indian and Herbal Cusine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1317 times since Mar 2012.