Indochine Banh Mi

• Veg-friendly
Contact 902-407-1222

1551 South Park Street (at Paramount Building in downtown), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small storefront. The menu of sandwiches is concise, and there is a separate section that lists three veg: the buddha sandwich made with marinated grilled tofu, the veggie meatball sandwich made with tvp meatballs, and a lentil bean pate sandwich.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by jenly

Uh, YUM! - Edit

Fresh and flavourful!

There is something for everyone here. Before becoming plant based I used to love the lemon chicken banh mi sandwhich but now I'm obsessed with the spring roll rice noodle bowl! I always add an extra spring roll to my meal to add a little more substance to it. I also find the noodles to be quite bland, but I love mixing hoisin, soya sauce and sriracha on there to jazz it up!

Very clean and the staff are nice!
I would call myself a regular!

Happy Eating! xx

Pros: Clean, Fresh/healthy, Central location

Cons: Not a fan of the vegan sandwhich option, limited seating

Vegan on the go - Edit

Cute little popup type place. Great for on the go. They offer quite a few options that are naturally vegan or can be made vegan. I got the Buddha bowl is naturally vegan. It has fresh bean sprouts, rice noodles, cucumber, carrots, parsley, tofu and a spring roll cut up. They provide 3 sauces with it, for a nice diverse taste. It was delicious, fresh and perfect for a hot summer day. Service was prompt and great. They answers my questions regarding vegan options with ease. The organic mint lemonade was delicious as well! Definitely a great little spot.

Pros: Vegan options, Fast and good service, Fresh good food

Worth a visit if you are in the area - Edit

Hours: Mon - Fri 11:30 am to 8 pm; Sat and Sun 11 to 7. My family ate here twice during a recent trip to Halifax. The restaurant is located across from the Public Gardens, just up the road from the Citadel. There are a few seats indoors, and a couple of tables and chairs outside. The restaurant specializes in Vietnamese sandwiches made on fresh French bread and include a variety of vegetable toppings, including shredded carrots, daikon and hot peppers. We sampled both of the vegetarian sandwiches--the Buddha and the Veggie Meatball. The Buddha contains grilled marinated tofu and it was quite tasty. The standard sauce is mayo-based and does contain eggs, but there are other sauce options available. The veggie meatball sandwich contains homemade vegan tvp meatballs. These are very small meatballs that are marinated and not covered in tomato sauce. My children enjoyed the meatballs immensely and picked them out of the sandwich, leaving the delicious bread behind.

The small restaurant also has a selection of fruit-smoothie based bubble teas.

Pros: tasty sandwiches, quick, in an area without a lot of options

Cons: only two sandwiches

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indochine Banh Mi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1171 times since Aug 2010.