Indochine

Contact 410-539-4636

1015 N Charles St (at E Chase), Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Authentic Vietnamese restaurant and pho joint. Has lots of vegan choices that are clearly marked on the menu. Knowledgeable waitstaff. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by tcasalena

YUM! - Edit

I actually went there initially to try the pho since I heard such good things about it, but I ended up getting the crispy veggie roll noodle bowl instead (with peanut sauce) because it sounded so good... and it was! So much so that I got it the next time I went, too! It's a HUGE bowl of delicious food for a decent price. It could easily be 2 meals, but sadly it was so delicious both times I went that I devoured it and was stuffed afterwards.

The atmosphere is so-so, as someone else mentioned on here, but it's not bad.

Pros: Delicious vegan options, Decent prices, Big portions

Cons: So-So atmosphere, All street/meter parking nearby

Best vegan pho in town - Edit

After a slightly rocky start where they didn't have their advertised veg pho available, Indochine has rapidly come into its own and is currently one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. Their pho is amazing: the broth is sublime, the veggies are perfectly cooked, and all the toppings taste really fresh. The vegan fresh garden rolls with peanut sauce are also delicious.

The service here is outstanding. The garden rolls appear near instantaneously, and the pho not far behind it. I have never been there when it was extremely busy, but I can say that the food has arrived quickly whether there are two occupied tables or 10. And the servers are all well aware of the vegan options, which are noted clearly on the menu.

The only real downside of this place is the atmosphere. It's only so-so. And there is a TV in the main dining area that is sometimes on rather loud. But the quality of the food and the near-spiritual experience of eating pho is enough to override the lack of ambiance. If ambiance matters a lot to you, I'd suggest going here for lunch rather than dinner. The dining room is kind of gloomy even during the day, but at night it's even more so.

My girlfriend and I bemoaned the loss of Baltimore Pho when it shut down and then the closure of Mekong Delta (which has since reopened in the food court at Charles Towers, although their pho is nowhere near as good as Indochine's). For a while there didn't seem to be anywhere to get vegetarian pho in the city. Thankfully Indochine has stepped in to fill that void, while at the same time raising the bar in terms of quality.

(If you like pho, please support this place! It would be tragic to lose it due to low interest.)

Pros: excellent food, fast, competent service

Cons: loud television, mediocre atmosphere

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Indochine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.